Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new F7 and cant wait to ride... Sold my 94 wildcat 700 efi... to get it.. And had a 79 jag. before that... I have Green blood... lol But was given an old 85' Ski-doo mx-500 in nice shape. it has been sitting for a long time.. cleaned carbs,tank,added new fuel and whamo it started..
But has a spark problem in the #2 hole. Spark seems to be weak, and there is a loss at times. If eng. is running and I pull the #1 wire, eng.dies-out, If I pull the #2 wire eng. still runs.. Even if I swap wires from 1 to 2. problem is still in #2 hole... I checked Compression and is even in both and holds comp. Could it be the Coil? and if so why didnt it change cyl. when wires were crossed? Anyhelp? :blink:

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
you kinda answered your own ?...You switched wires and still same results. I have noticed at almost all times one wire-plug has better spark..well at least looking. I would clean the pilots and air screw holes in the #2 again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When you checked spark, are you using the spark plug...or an actual spark checker? You may have something as simple as a fouled or failed spark plug.

Does your engine have a good ground? Your electrical system always has current flowing in the same direction. Do you have any safety devices that may be interrupting spark? As long as you KNOW you have fuel reaching each cylinder I would start following the electrical system. lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ever think of having a fouled plug? If you didn't start it every 15 minutes in the garage to hear it run, i'm sure u would be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:angry: Thanks Firecatsnopro... But I start it every 20 min. to hear it run...! Not A fouled plug... I do know the Deffrence, The Outdoor Shop.. Thanks makes the most sence, #2 carb. Will go back and clean... Ground strap seems to be ok... will clean and retighten too.. Never be to sure.. If Anybody eles has any thoughts on this please fire away...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Dusty I had a buddy that had the same problem on a 91 mx470 So we thought is was the coil he replaced that. same problem exestited. so we called the dealer he said could be the stator so $200 later same problem. so after 2 days of getting mad I was so pissed that I threw a hammer at it and broke the spark plug cap. after I cooled down I took a cap off another sled and replaced it. pulled the rope fired right up. So my buddy spent $250 dollars for somthing that only cost $3.95 to fix. Don't know if this is your problem but sounds very simmaler.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D Thanks... Ive.. replaced them think just maybe...

I really think its on the carbs.. I hope... Will try this week-to get time to fix...

Thanks again.. Dusty

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To all that might wanna know.... I swapped carbs.. #2 to #1 and the problem I was haveing did change cyl. also... pulled carbs apart again... found a good amount of dirt in them... the one carb for my bad cyl... main jet was plugged...
Carbs are cleaned and will be installed soon... let you know what happens...
Like you care... lol But never know what you might run into.... it helps to know..

Steve :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D :D :D :D :D Very happy... Thanks all for your thoughts... Put carb's back on, new sparklers in each hole and Vroom... it roared to life.... small adjustments Runs like new.....

Guess I can let this post die.. now... Thanks again for thoughts onto problem..

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts