Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide a pic of the slp torque arm on a pro-x chassis?? I am gonna make one as i have some extra tie-rod and heim<<?? joints laying around. Just curious as to how the tie into shock tower
Thanks
Also anone one know the angles of a #420719 team helix?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Can anyone provide a pic of the slp torque arm on a pro-x chassis?? I am gonna make one as i have some extra tie-rod and heim<<?? joints laying around. Just curious as to how the tie into shock tower
Thanks

pro x torque arm

page 3 items 1-10 zoom in @ 300%- mounts to tower on pro x

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, looks like an angle brkt on the shock tower with a bolt going to a female heim joint. If i could just see where it bolts to the shock tower.
When i do this should i load it?? or just snug?? anyone do this i know its been talked about, I would take the slack out of stock push arm, after aligning engine w/0 offset from front to back

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by danoptex@Sep 27 2005, 08:31 PM
this a good helix w/ stock weights on a 03 p-x 7? almond blue up font?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=896318
[/quote]
I'm running this helix on my sled. Team told me to run the stock weights with the helix.I was way high on rpm's with there setup so I used 64's. Still to high so went with 66's and I'm real close. When I talked to them last they told me when they were testing they couldn't pull any rpm's with 66's or 64's with that helix.So what your sled does I don't know. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
the torque arm bolts to the shock tower. the bolt will run parallel to the crank. you should already have a hole predrilled in the bulkhead to accept the arm. to make one you basically need a heim joint, flat stock and a coupling nut. a little welding and you're set. the plate mounts to the block in place of the electric starter next to the clutch. the heim joint runs straight forward about three to four inches to the bulkhead. that is where you'll find the hole.

oh ya, i forgot to mention you will want to set the alignment as stock. your motor will twist into position with the front and rear stops tight. a push arm for the mag side is also a good idea since you're at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts