Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some trouble with my tach. It's not giving the right readings for me. I will show 7700-7800 on the tach while doing my speed run, but i know the sled is reving much higher by the sound of the motor. Also when i check my max rpms it will show up around 8000-8100. This what i tried... Another tach out of a firecat pulling apart all the connections and trying the sled that way and still same thing. Any thoughts or tips would be great.

Thanks King.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did your tach work on the other F-Cat? Did you try that?

Steve[/b]
I never tried mine on the other F-cat just tried his on mine. Thats what i will try next. Could i try any other tach off of a 2 stroke or does it have to be just a firecat tach? I see there is a plug in under the hood, it has yellow and brown wires, would this work to run a tach?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Did you reset the MAX RPM on the tach before each run?

If you have tried both tachs with the same result, I would trust the tach over my ears.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you reset the MAX RPM on the tach before each run?

If you have tried both tachs with the same result, I would trust the tach over my ears.[/b]

I reset the max rpm after each run, and the max rpm would allways be 100-200 rpms more then what i saw on my tach, at anytime in the run.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Them couple off 100rpm's came when you first pinned it. Did you try driving along and than punch it, than check the reading. Best way too solve that is get a voo-doo tach.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Them couple off 100rpm's came when you first pinned it. Did you try driving along and than punch it, than check the reading. Best way too solve that is get a voo-doo tach.[/b]

Thats what i was thinking about doing is getting a VDO tach to try.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do they say an 05 F6 Sno Pro should be running for RPM's? Just curious to see if I am sitting good with mine.[/b]
Anywhere between 7600-7800 is what i was told. My sled seems to run the best right around 7700 anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts