Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
figuring about 7 ami sh meet up and get out there by noon, ride till 3-4 back by 8-9

no trail pass needed im thinkin, SD or NE dont require . but if i find a link il make sure.

3 hours dont sound like alot of riding , but belive me you can get pretty tired out breaking fresh and technical lines.

got to get back to the city early enough or my girl will shoot me.

im guessing window is from jamestown west 100miles and south 50 miles , hard to say * epicenter * for lack of a better term. but just going by weather bullitns and such. will watch the news at 9-10 for any updates

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
no trail pass needed im thinkin, SD or NE dont require . but if i find a link il make sure.[/b]
Snowmobiles registered outside of North Dakota are required to purchase & display an Out-of-State Permit to operate on public right of ways, lands, and trail systems. The permit costs $15.00 per year and needs to be displayed next to the registration sticker on both sides of the vehicle in an obvious place.

Individuals interested in purchasing a permit can call the North Dakota Parks and Recreation Department at 701-328-5357 and place a phone order. Please have a credit card and the following information available before calling:

Drivers license number
Snowmobile VIN number(s)
Make
Model
Color
Engine size.
You will also need your current snowmobile registration number, the year it expires, and the state which issued it.
Out-of-State Permits are also available at state park offices.

Order Permit Online

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im near the west suburbs, i think if your coming up we could meet at a park and ride near 394 and 494 ( assuing u take 494 up from the south ) there are a few there. il be ready to roll about 7 am

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
bismarck had about a foot and a half to 2 feet when we left this morning. made for some, um, interesting roads we'll say.................... :burp:

then we get to minnesota and we have shit for snow............I HATE THIS STATE!!!!!!!!!! i need to move to montana or wyoming, somewhere that actually has winter, not this bull$hit.

BTW, west yellowstone had great snow!! 2-5 feet of powder in places, but there's no base. i need to go back there soon or i think i'm going to go insane.........wait, maybe i already am......... haha

·
Registered
633 Posts
Was in Detroit Lakes over the weekend. Had a couple inches on the lakes and put on my first 30 miles of the year. Had to get the clutch dialed in and check jetting, so objective acomplished. Also got to ride my soon to be father in laws new Phazer Mountain Lite that he put the first 30 miles on. The backshift sure is a bit different...along with it sounding like a 4-wheeler. Never been around a 4-stroke sled before....so it was something new! Still breaking it in so we couldn't run it hard..

Anyways....it rained all Saturday afternoon/night....and what snow they had was gone. Not sure if they were getting any in tonights storm.....roads sucked coming home!

A few pics of the Phazer....
[attachment=278147:wells_we...10_small.JPG]
[attachment=278148:wells_we...03_small.JPG]

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
there's maybe an inch on the ground now that's covering a inch or two of ice everywhere and i'm 20 minutes to the west of DL. unbelievable....................

i guess this does happen every time i go out west after christmas tho.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Was in Detroit Lakes over the weekend. Had a couple inches on the lakes and put on my first 30 miles of the year. Had to get the clutch dialed in and check jetting, so objective acomplished. Also got to ride my soon to be father in laws new Phazer Mountain Lite that he put the first 30 miles on. The backshift sure is a bit different...along with it sounding like a 4-wheeler. Never been around a 4-stroke sled before....so it was something new! Still breaking it in so we couldn't run it hard..

Anyways....it rained all Saturday afternoon/night....and what snow they had was gone. Not sure if they were getting any in tonights storm.....roads sucked coming home!

A few pics of the Phazer....
[attachment=278147:wells_we...10_small.JPG]
[attachment=278148:wells_we...03_small.JPG][/b]
Cool i was up there two but There was and inch tops

there's maybe an inch on the ground now that's covering a inch or two of ice everywhere and i'm 20 minutes to the west of DL. unbelievable....................

i guess this does happen every time i go out west after christmas tho.[/b]
Yea we got about 7-10 in the cities now but DL sucked when I was up there

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kinda wide open in ND ..
and roads were bad in poor shape
[attachment=279632:pic_6_nwd_031.jpg]
[attachment=279633:pic_6_nwd_043.jpg]

and then this was next day back home lol

this stuck was alot of work getting out