Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anybody has the experience with registering a used sled from out of province that has never been registered before? The sled is from Saskatoon.

Any info would be appreciated!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case someone is wondering, our province will not allow it to be registered, because Saskatchewan also requires registration for sleds on their trail system. This means according to the person i talked to(don't want to post the name), you have to have the previous owner purchase a registration then sign it, bill of sale is not enough. I know it probably sounds odd that the sled has not Regi but its a snocross sled never trail ridden.

Sadly for me its stuck in bureaucratic purgatory.

Here is where the issue is(think), both acts allow the use of snowmobiles on private land with no Registration. Our act has stipulations on transferring the sled. I have been searching the SK Act and find no where that states a registration is required for transferring owner ship. Here is what ours says.

4(2) Upon any transfer of the ownership of an off-road
vehicle, the transferor and the transferee shall immediately
complete and sign the notice of transfer form attached
to the registration certificate for such vehicle, and
the transferor shall immediately forward the form to the
Registrar

5 The Registrar shall refuse to register any off-road
vehicle where
(a) he has reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle
is stolen,
(b) taxes owing under the Harmonized Sales Tax
Act have not been paid in respect of the vehicle, or
(c) the registration of the vehicle is suspended under
this Act.
1997, c.H-1.01, s.51; 2003, c.7, s.27; 2012, c.36, s.7

The SK act does not have anything in it to say a registration is required for transfer of ownership. I am just reading this and our great Public saftey branch is no help so I could be completely wrong .

They are saying because there is no history of registration, there is no proof that it is not stolen. hope this helps any one that is looking to bring something in to the province.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case someone is wondering, our province will not allow it to be registered, because Saskatchewan also requires registration for sleds on their trail system. This means according to the person i talked to(don't want to post the name), you have to have the previous owner purchase a registration then sign it, bill of sale is not enough. I know it probably sounds odd that the sled has not Regi but its a snocross sled never trail ridden.

Sadly for me its stuck in bureaucratic purgatory.

Here is where the issue is(think), both acts allow the use of snowmobiles on private land with no Registration. Our act has stipulations on transferring the sled. I have been searching the SK Act and find no where that states a registration is required for transferring owner ship. Here is what ours says.

4(2) Upon any transfer of the ownership of an off-road
vehicle, the transferor and the transferee shall immediately
complete and sign the notice of transfer form attached
to the registration certificate for such vehicle, and
the transferor shall immediately forward the form to the
Registrar

5 The Registrar shall refuse to register any off-road
vehicle where
(a) he has reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle
is stolen,
(b) taxes owing under the Harmonized Sales Tax
Act have not been paid in respect of the vehicle, or
(c) the registration of the vehicle is suspended under
this Act.
1997, c.H-1.01, s.51; 2003, c.7, s.27; 2012, c.36, s.7

The SK act does not have anything in it to say a registration is required for transfer of ownership. I am just reading this and our great Public saftey branch is no help so I could be completely wrong .

They are saying because there is no history of registration, there is no proof that it is not stolen. hope this helps any one that is looking to bring something in to the province.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a longer post I tried to post yesterday but it didn't work for some reason.

to make a long story short, NB requires a signed Regi to transfer ownership, if the province it is coming from requires one. I think if the contact at public safety would actually read the snowmobile act of SK she would realize her logic is flawed. The reason for this is SK does not require registration to transfer owner ship only to use their trail system(from what I read and talked to a resident). Who am I to argue.

I have to call buddy in SK get it registered shouldn't be a big deal talking to my friend that lives there, just costing me more money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you gone into service nb to ask them? They usually aren't very helpful but it's worth a shot. I see you live in rusagonis. Are you military? There might be some people that have done this previously around there.

Not much of a help but good luck! I live in oromocto as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi cwhite138, did you have any luck?
My wife and I recently inherited an older machine from my father in law (form NL). We have no registration and don't even know if or when it was last registered. Seems ridiculous to have this much trouble to register a 21 year old sled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts