Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got two LOW lakemaps in my Eagle GPS/Sonar that I would like to use for icefishing with my 76CSx. The problem is that they are on SD cards and the 76 uses the micro SD cards. Is it possible to install either of these maps into the 76 without the cash outlay for MapSource stuff?

·
Registered
326 Posts
To clarify, you're talking about actual map files and not just tracks and waypoints, right? The problem isn't with the different cards, but with the maps being different formats. A Lowrance map won't work in a Garmin receiver, and I don't think there's currently any way to convert them. If I find a way to do it, I'll post here.

If you're talking about tracks and waypoints, you can probably just transfer them to your computer using Lowrance's software, convert them to .gdb at http://gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/, and then upload those to your Garmin through Mapsource.

-Ryan

·
Registered
355 Posts
also, you cannot take any inifo off of the lakemaster cards. they are supposed to "self destruct" if this is attempted. i would not risk this, it would suck to ruin a hundred dollar chip. also, he is correct about the formats

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right. the tech dude at lakemaps confirmed the different file formats. :( Further searching shows that the LOW map from Hotmaps for the Garmin leaves a lot to be desired with its lack of detail. Oh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.