Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recieved my reg. for n.y. this is the first time registering in the state. what i received in the mail along with the reg. was two stickers about 1-1/2 inches square. now in the pamphlet that i got with it they were talking about a sticker that is 3x6 inches. they also mention that i have to display numbers 3 inches tall on both sides of the sled. i guess my questions are.
1. am i supposed to have a 3x6 sticker along with the two smaller ones ?
2. where do i put them to be compliant ?
3. do i really put 3 inch numbers down the sides of my sled ? (god i hope not)
A PICTURE WOULD BE REAL NICE. THANKS

·
Registered
274 Posts
Those small yellow 2007 stickers, are actually Your 2007 reg stickers

They should be placed on the larger # plate decal, which should already be on Your sled, if it was previously registered in NY by a previous owner. This in effect is a license plate

If You don't have the # plate You may need to go to DMV and get them, but if they sent You the 07 yellow reg sticker, in NYS eyes, You should be legal. Im sure others people will have more input on this, but it sounds to me like You are missing the larger decal w/ the sled specific #'s on them.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
heres a pic. the one with the numbers on it is the 3x6 one. the little gray one is the other one that you have to put on the 3x6. that was last years. your little sticker should be yellow this year.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Is the sled registered in your home state? If so you put that sticker next to your home state numbers, if it wasn't regestered in your state you will have to do so or you will be forced to use the NY number plate that is 3X6 that you were asking about. You will have to contact NY DMV to get your numbers. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so i will be good if i put the small n.y. stickers next to my mass. sticker then....? sounds good i guess. i think i'll post in the mass forum and see if there's anyone there that rides n.y.

·
Registered
12,705 Posts
okay so i will be good if i put the small n.y. stickers next to my mass. sticker then....? sounds good i guess. i think i'll post in the mass forum and see if there's anyone there that rides n.y.[/b]

Yep, thats it. :div20:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.