Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I got wet. The sled is fine, made it back to camp without a problem. Lesson: check those depths!

·
Registered
249 Posts
wow i didnt think cats liked the water! I hope everything is ok with you and the sled. Its pretty wet around here also.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Cats don't like water. :m2c: Just kidding glad your ok and the sled to. I went swiming in a river once and the cold water sucks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow....that was a deep waterbar!! Where was that?[/b]
This was in Denmark, around 106 & Lords hill Rd I think. I was heading for Fryeburg from S. Bridgton. Headed back after this little episode. Sled was fine, it stayed running the entire time, water never got into the engine bay. It sure got into my boots though!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Helped a Cat out of the water a few years ago. His saddle bags were frozen to the sled by the time he got back to camp, He also lost his flap.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Helped a Cat out of the water a few years ago. His saddle bags were frozen to the sled by the time he got back to camp, He also lost his flap.[/b]
Yeah, but Cats are notorious for losing their snowflaps for some reason :) ;) . . . of course I can't say much . . . I lost the flap on my Rev somewhere above Oxbow a few years ago . . . fixed that issue however with double-nutted bolts instead of cheap pop-rivets.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
My Rev had lost its flap on the Allagash trail. We found it on the way back. It was my second ride after having it studded. I asked the dealer if they put it back on with velcro. WTF. Put it back on with some s.s. locking nuts, problem solved.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Looks like the cat was Neutered..

Glad everything is good!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like the cat was Neutered..

Glad everything is good!![/b]
It would have been much worse if I hadn't been able to stand up on the Polaris that was under the water!

:yelrotflmao:

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Switchback Assault 850, 146" with all the fixin's on order!
504 Posts
Almost had the same thing happen today! Got lucky and got across, then put three pallets in the hole to help the next guy...

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
I go out today and attempted to jump over a 2 foot deep by four foot wide waterbar instead of getting all wet and muddy. I also went around off to the side of hole where there was fresh snow. I take off and but didn't get completely across....could've used some more momentum. I smacked the otherside pretty good. The deep snow stopped me short and I ended up over my handle bars. :clap: :clap: What an idiot. I smacked my kneecap while going over. :censored: Damn it hurts. Thankfully I pulled the skis a little to the side and I got right out.

I go and find out a rental sled got stuck in the same bar earlier last week. The guy steps off and was in mud/water past his knee.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah, there are a lot of mud holes out there right now. We need some COLD :brr: :cold: :brr: weather!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Way too many water and mud holes out there right now... Rode from Milo up to Kokadjo and by then end of the day I looked like I got in a shit throwing contest and lost!

Don't worry about that Cat, it'll lick itself clean... Then cough up a piston!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts