Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again my sled head friends.
I thought i would share a bit about my trip to hayward this February.
We rented a cabin as photo shows. That was great fun. No neighbors like in a motel, lol. I enjoyed that cabin alot. I enjoyed starting the fire place every day. Getting out of town was a bit of a struggle, but once out, the trails were great. The first thing i had to do was go see the big musky in the park. Wow the biggest musky i ever seen, lol. Zipping across the lakes was fun. Dont get that chance were i live. We ate at a place called flat creek inn, the first evening. Lets just leave that experience out of conversation, lol. The restaurant at the lake woods resort the next evening made up for the night before. :whistle: all in all we had a great time, no machines broke down. Next seaon i think i want to go back to Eagle River. Here are a few photos of the trip.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
Hello again my sled head friends.
I thought i would share a bit about my trip to hayward this February.
We rented a cabin as photo shows. That was great fun. No neighbors like in a motel, lol. I enjoyed that cabin alot. I enjoyed starting the fire place every day. Getting out of town was a bit of a struggle, but once out, the trails were great. We ate at a place called flat creek inn, the first evening. Lets just leave that experience out of conversation, lol. The restaurant at the lake of woods resort the next evening made up for the night before. :whistle: all in all we had a great time, no machines broke down. Next seaon i think i want to go back to Eagle River. Here are a few photos of the trip.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice run! How long did it take to go from lake of the woods to Hayward?
Not sure, i didnt keep track. It was awhile i can say. But we stopped a few times, so its hard to say.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
I’m guessing you mean Lake Woods, not Lake of the Woods!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m guessing you mean Lake Woods, not Lake of the Woods!
Yes lake woods. Did i say lake of the woods in my post? I better check. If i did i apologize.

Yup i did. I will go in and delete the OF word.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Next time your in the Hayward area I recommend Pine ridge near stone lake for their Friday night fish fry. Absolutely the best fish fry you’ve ever had.
Thanks i will. It might be a year or two before i get back there but i will. :bc:

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
YUP! Another one of those smack the tablet times. ����
Like above when you said to me about HPS, "sole" instead of soul and "there" instead of their....:racetrk::roflmao:

quote:Ok COOL! God bless there sole.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
:roflmao::roflmao:
Like above when you said to me about HPS, "sole" instead of soul and "there" instead of their....:racetrk::roflmao:

quote:Ok COOL! God bless there sole.
Thanks for making my day Don. I love fun humor. Unfortunately that wasn't my tablet making bloopers. Apparently my finger must have had to much wine when it typed those 2 words.:roflmao:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Any details on the cabin rental? I've been to Hayward most of my life during the summer months but never in the winter and we've talked many times about staying there for a trip. Heard they had some great snow this year. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just happen to have 2 lake front cabins in the area that are available for year round rental. 1 on the flowage and 1 on round lake. If your interested.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts