Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home from a great trip to Candle Lake and noticed my Left-hand Fender was cracked from the bumper mounting point straight down to the belly-pan. I know I didn't hit anything that would cause plastic to crack so severely. I have never layed a hand on that flimsy front bumper as I know thanks to this forum how delicate the front end is on this Polaris' with such high quality control (buying a Yammie next). In any case, the black tie-wraps, or zip-ties holding the crack together can't stay on there forever so I'm looking for a used fender from a parted out sled. Can anyone help me? Here's the part # and description from the Polaris web-site:

2633256-070 Asm., Fender, Black, LH [Incl. Foam and Foil]

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the crack after I sewed it up with tie-wraps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you know anyone that can do the plastic welding? If they are good at it they can make it look like new. Might be cheaper then buying a new or used one and taking the time to replace it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did you blow a belt? that's what it looks like to me, plastic won't just crack by it self, unless it's -50 outside. You must have hit someing, or blown a belt.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
it wouyld be hard for a blown belt to get around the clutch cover, and over the shock tower and then hit the plastic fender IMO.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definitely didn't blow a belt. If I did hit something I didn't feel a thing. I don't know how I could have hit something on the side of my sled. I just can't see how some brush and deep snow can crack my sled.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I definitely didn't blow a belt. If I did hit something I didn't feel a thing. I don't know how I could have hit something on the side of my sled. I just can't see how some brush and deep snow can crack my sled.[/b]
You probably didn't hit anything, I have a 07 swichback 600 cfi and mine has the identical crack as yours. I was out playing in the powder all morning the other day. We stopped for lunch at a restaurant for a couple of hrs and the snow that was packed in the front fender areas froze up. I drove home from the restaurant on a groomed trail and that is when I noticed the crack. I started to look and found that ice had built up behind the fenders which probably caused the crack. I will post pictures later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[attachment=407031:07_switc...nder_005.jpg][attachment=407027:07_switc...nder_00
.jpg]Here are some pictures of mine.[attachment=407026:07_switc...nder_001.jpg]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Take it to your dealer, if you hit nothing and there is no visible spot where it looks like you hit something, then they will get a hold or Polaris....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's it! I had a lot of snow and ice build up that day. What a piece of crap, a snowmobile you can't use in snow. Nice work Polaris. Thanks for the photos Gatorman. My crack was exactly the same. Gatorman, have you contacted your dealer yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's it! I had a lot of snow and ice build up that day. What a piece of crap, a snowmobile you can't use in snow. Nice work Polaris. Thanks for the photos Gatorman. My crack was exactly the same. Gatorman, have you contacted your dealer yet?[/b]
No I haven't contacted the dealer yet, but I will be tomorrow. This just happened on Saturday. I wonder how many others are out there?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
No I haven't contacted the dealer yet, but I will be tomorrow. This just happened on Saturday. I wonder how many others are out there?[/b]

Had this happen on a buddies switch, his cracked in a less noticable spot than yours. We installed the nose grate from the RMK model as it has a prefilter material that will not allow the front end to pack with snow. Polaris part #5435345-070.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had this happen on a buddies switch, his cracked in a less noticable spot than yours. We installed the nose grate from the RMK model as it has a prefilter material that will not allow the front end to pack with snow. Polaris part #5435345-070.[/b]
That sounds like a good solution. It seems I have to keep finding solutions for this sled. It's a great sled, but too many little problems. Now the little problems are turning into cracked problems.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
DUDE my did that too
identical to your two
i though it was from the ditch i hit going 100 bottomed the front end almost thats so wierd i thought i was the only one and its a PITA to change that piece my shop teacher is plastic welding the sled this week for free

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
tell me what your dealers do because my dealer told me last year it wasnt warrentyable
and they are generally a good dealer kind of dont like me since my family has only bought 4 sleds from them in the last 6 years

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I received a call from my dealer Friday morning and the crack is getting covered by warranty! When I took it in, they took several photos of the crack from different angles and then submitted the warranty claim to Polaris with a detailed account of the conditions I was riding in and where it cracked from. It had cracked right where the bumper fastened to the fender. I just have to take it in on Monday and it's getting taken care of. I did go buy some prefilter material and covered all the vents in the front of my sled. I'll post pictures in the next couple days. Hopefully this will fix the problem so it won't happen again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts