Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI........Early in Oct. there was a lot of discussion on this forum about studding. I studded my F7 standard with 102 studs vs the original 153 i planned on, do to all the noise regarding the "push". After only 65 miles on mostly field riding i've bent a few studs. I'm dropping the F7 off this week to add more. I thought some of you guys would like some feedback on my 102 studs....NOT ENOUGH ON THE 1" TRACK !!! I'm not even dragging and i'm starting to see a problem. 153 next week

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah, it's a good move to do so. You will probably hear of owners tearing tracks by seasnons end. I can't see why anyone would not stud to the max with the power of this motor. I had a 2000 ZR440 SP and put 96 on it and threw two and bent about 15 Woodys on the 1.25" track. That motor was rated at 96 hp. You do the math. I put 156 on mine.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I rode 160 miles last weekend in marginal to FDB (frozen dirt bumps) conditions with 170 in a 1" track, studs in closed windows, and showed no wear on track, slides, or wheels. Too early to say for sure, but this set-up works great and seems to be safe. ^_^

·
Registered
720 Posts
156 Woody's 1.075 Gold Digger with Square Green Aluminum backers for me.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(Studboy studs) 102, not sure of the length my dealer installed everything. If you look in the Photo gallery you'll see a pic of the studs and double plates

Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts