Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this has been going on for a while. Its strange really, my speedo refuses to work and when it does, its VERY shortlived :Wow1:

I'll try my best to explain what it does.

I start the sled up the gauge comes on and seems to be running fine BUT as soon as I blip the throttle it dies and the gauge goes blank.

OR it will work for a bit while riding and then turn off with the needle stuck where it last read. As soon as I come to a stop it zeros out and works again until I gas it.

This thing is starting to really get me P.O.ed :banghead:

I'm guessing its a loose wire or bad ground or something? I know this is the 1st digital speedo/tach that cat put into a sled and that the sensor is also the voltage regulator? I'm pretty sure its underneath the secondary clutch where the driveshaft is.

Any help is appreciated

98 Posts
At least yours works once in awhile the 02 i had never worked!! theres been alot of posts on this over the years try a few searches. I tried changing the magnet and cleaning all the connectors with no luck. I actually had a signal sent to the speedo when I took the pick-up off and passed a small magnet past it. this led me to believe all was well from that point to the speedo. Never did get it fixed. Good luck working on it, Leave a post if you come up with anything I'm sure alot of guys have the same problem with that year. :i_need_snow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts