Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my sled (2000 MXZ 700), and drove for about 60km. and it was running really good, not running to hot. I decided to stop for a break, about 10 minutes, and I went to fire it up, and it would'nt start. I checked it out, looked if there were any lose connections, but there were none. I checked for spark, there was no spark, the plug wires were pretty new so I pulled it over and realized that the light wasn't going on when i pulled it over. I haven't checked it out but the my dad thinks its the Stator, does anyone agree with this, and has this ever happened to anyone before?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My 98 mach 1 would run great for 5 or 10 minutes then die with no spark. After trying a stator and ignition modual the problem was traced to a bare wire in the harness under the motor. The motor was pulled and the wiring was repaired. It is a very comon problem with the Mach 1, there is even an updated harness avaliable. I don't know if this has anything to do with a 2000 mx but it's something to check in to. Steve.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Call the guys at LAD in Selkirk. They know Ski-doo inside out. If there is a common problem with your sled, they will know about it. I do 90% of my own work but I let them do a fall tune up every year, they know what to look for. The first time I took my sled there they told me what it would need before they looked at it. It would run and die. They said it would be the wiring under the motor, it was. They said the front arm on my rear suspension would be broken, I had allready welded it. They said my carb boots would be cracked, all three were, one had a hole in it. I have never in 25 years delt with a better dealer.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I checked the stator again, the MPEM, and pretty much everything electrically, and everything was fine. So I decided to see if it would start up, I pulled it over about or 9 times, and all of a sudden it starts running, but only on one cylinder. So I decided that I would take a look at the plug wires, and as I was moving around the plug wires, I noticed that one was really long for some reason, and then I realized that one of the plug wires weren't even plugged in! So I plugged it back in and sure enough, that was the problem, and the best thing of it all was all it costed nothing! Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Well, I checked the stator again, the MPEM, and pretty much everything electrically, and everything was fine. So I decided to see if it would start up, I pulled it over about or 9 times, and all of a sudden it starts running, but only on one cylinder. So I decided that I would take a look at the plug wires, and as I was moving around the plug wires, I noticed that one was really long for some reason, and then I realized that one of the plug wires weren't even plugged in! So I plugged it back in and sure enough, that was the problem, and the best thing of it all was all it costed nothing! Thanks for the help guys.[/b]
Excellent, good for you and I bet you know that sled inside/out now!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good work :thumbsup: If I remember right once a wire pulls from the back of a plug cap it is pretty prone to doing it again. You might want to replace the two wires, unless she is running trouble free for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts