Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys not trying to cry like a baby, but i had a new rope and the update kit put on my sled and after 300miles it is VERY bad looks like it could snap!!??
Skydog What fix should i do the one on the top of this page?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Better bring a spare for when it does snap! mine broke and i cat doenst put a spare in there tool kit! luckily my brothers mxz did so i put it around the clutch to start it! cat should learn from bombardier on that one

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
SkyDog,

I did the eyebolt...then resecured the hoses you had to move to get the bolt through there with a section of my old handlebar grips that I cut...then I sanded the side of the Oil resevoir with 200 grit sandpaper so that the seem was nice and flush/smooth...and finally I took the rope off the handle and tied it off so it fly into the housing down below, and I took a drill with a smooth oval dremil to smooth out the hole the rope passes through to the outside of the sled...it all seems to work well and my new rope looks good so far.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Get 5mm Spectra Mountain Climbing rope. I have it on mine but I also have a tube from a zrt that I modified to fit. I believe even without the tube, the spectra would still not fray.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Skydog@Jan 2 2003, 10:42 PM
What fix should i do the one on the top of this page?
Go with the Outdoor Shop fix. Installed mine this weekend, works like a charm with no rubbing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I second that Jay. I installed the Outdoor Shop Fix and the Spectra cord. I have used that rope in all my sleds for about 10 years now. It never frays or breaks and is easy to install. Just turn the spring an extra two turns because the spectra cord is stiffer than the OEM rope.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I still have the factory orginal rope and very very minimal rubbing. I am taking my sled to dealer to have them install cats fix. I did the eyebolt the very first day I got my sled and it has been very successful!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I took mine in before Christmas and had Cat's update done to it and a new rope installed. After a 200 mile trip it looks like junk. I have to take it in for some of the other updates so I'll have them put another one on it and see if they can fix it. As long as we don't have snow and my dealer is close, I'll let the warranty handle it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts