Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my rope fix at the dealer, but it still rubed here and there so I put my own in too, they work great togather. no rob anywhere now, and it pulls over easy now. the first pic is my fix, the 2nd is the A C fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by SabercattF7@Dec 22 2002, 09:49 AM
Anyone else do there own fix?
YUP,1/2'' PVC TUBING,FLARE THE ENDS & USE A HEAT GUN TO WARM IT & MAKE GRADUAL BENDS,FASTEN IT WITH A COUPLE ZIP TIES..REAL EASY FIX...

D

·
0 Posts
What I have noticed is that if you are standing when you start the sled and just pull up the rope up it barely contacts the hole in the dash that is causing all the problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by duke1n@Dec 22 2002, 10:21 AM
What I have noticed is that if you are standing when you start the sled and just pull up the rope up it barely contacts the whole in the dash that is causing all the problems.
that's what I have been doing. B)
But I'm not sure how that will work on the first -20F morning.. Hard to get real good leverage that way.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wanted to put something near the handel with a pully on it,Like I did at the bottom, But just not sure how to do it yet.

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Rob on a -20F morning I will be in the lodge sipping something warm lol

Anyway it was around 0F yesterday morning and I had no problems pulling up. You kind of have to have the bars turned the the left to get them out of the way but other than that I don't expect to have any problems. I am going to replace with some Spectra 5.5 climbing rope.

http://www.gearshark.com/finder/details/Sp...-MM/243794.html

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
here is my fix!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Originally posted by SabercattF7@Dec 22 2002, 10:41 AM
i wanted to put something near the handel with a pully on it,Like I did at the bottom, But just not sure how to do it yet.
im working on it today ive got a good idea with a pully and a 1/4 inch rod . i will post a pic when done maybee tonight . have to go do that nasty shopping thing today

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hey red patriot f7 sp, would you be interested in making me one of your pulley fixes?

Let me know how much. [email protected]

Thanks.

Mike
FireCat F7 Sno Pro B)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a nice fix and what I was trying to set up for myself, Looks like you just welded a pulley to a braket and mounted it, looks simple but effective, Good job, I will try it, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
ok i got all that shoping stuff done!! here is my rope fix all i used is a torch and a bench vise ! 1/4 inch rod and rope pullys from the local hardware store about 10 bucks!! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts