Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
900T XRS
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an Oxygen helmet this past winter and used it for about 1,000 miles in Northern Maine.
I do like it but there are parts I dislike.
I prefer a modular for eating & drinking trailside, though it is doable with the Oxygen.
What I really disliked was the stupid controller hanging and bouncing around, Then to add a second layer to it I use and love my eLinq to combine the tether & helmet power as one connection to me while on the sled.
So after my season ended I knew I had to come up with a solution that works for me.
Here's what I did:
I zip tied the controller to the center of the handle bars and ran both wires down under the pod.
The feed end I connected to a switched hot I previously ran for my GPS.
Then the I removed the doo accessory pin connector that was feeding the eLinq.
I added my own pin connector to the output side of the oxygen controller and it's mate to the eLinq.
So now the eLing gets power from the controller mounted to the bars via my power switch.
I then soldered a regular cord to the magnetic part of the oxygen cord to attach to the helmet itself.
I think I'm going to be happy once the snow flies.

1623554876146.png

1623555238841.png

·
Super Moderator
2016 1200 Renegade X
174 Posts
It is another one of Ski Doo’s solutions to the rider having too much money in their wallet.
Now that’s funny. True, but funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapajunk Pro

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Never heard of that helmet. Is it used for a Medical issue?
Some love it. I borrowed one...and by mile 3 I gave it back.

The mod 3 is the best. Dont like that oxy bucket at all.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Interesting solution! I just run the cord down inside the back of my jacket and on my hip there is a plastic eye to clip it to. It works great although the controller is a little tough to adjust when it's on my hip. I also have the e-linq and really like it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ride with a guy and he loves it. The Ski Doo gear has routing built in for the cord. I like the tailight feature enough that I'm buying the BiteHarder add on version to help those I ride with. It can be a real lifesaver.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Interesting solution! I just run the cord down inside the back of my jacket and on my hip there is a plastic eye to clip it to. It works great although the controller is a little tough to adjust when it's on my hip. I also have the e-linq and really like it.
The e-ink with heated shield connect is an awesome invention.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I've had a Mod 1, Mod 2 and then used a BV2S for several years. Replaced it with the Oxygen two seasons ago. Helmet is better than the others in every way. No breath box but shield stays clear. First season with it was not very cold and we only saw 0 to -5F. This season we went a week in -20 down to -30 every day and shield stayed clear. Hardest part to get used to is plugging it in as I have never used a heated shield prior and never needed one. You kow right away on a cold day if its not plugged in as it ices up immediately.

Two complaints are cost and the flip down visor. It's always frosted up on mine on cold days and does not work as good as the visor on the BV2S. Getting rid of the mask was worth every penny to me.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Two complaints are cost and the flip down visor. It's always frosted up on mine on cold days and does not work as good as the visor on the BV2S. Getting rid of the mask was worth every penny to me.
Wow, I would tend to think you have a malfunctioning helmet. The greatest marvel to me is the flip down visor. Now, I'm a good 50 lbs overweight unfortunately, suffice it to say I have the ability to fog the windows in an aircraft hanger in August. I've had flip down shields in a half dozen other helmets, all useless because my head sweats too much. But the Oxygen is a miracle in regards to the flip down visor and how it's sitting in a heated space! It's never fogged and doesn't even fog when it's being used, even when I'm huffing and puffing. Even in extreme cold temps which I saw this past year. I bought a smoke visor and swap between the stock yellow and the smoke all the time. One of the best features of this helmet! Maybe your visor area isn't heating properly?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Wow, I would tend to think you have a malfunctioning helmet. The greatest marvel to me is the flip down visor. Now, I'm a good 50 lbs overweight unfortunately, suffice it to say I have the ability to fog the windows in an aircraft hanger in August. I've had flip down shields in a half dozen other helmets, all useless because my head sweats too much. But the Oxygen is a miracle in regards to the flip down visor and how it's sitting in a heated space! It's never fogged and doesn't even fog when it's being used, even when I'm huffing and puffing. Even in extreme cold temps which I saw this past year. I bought a smoke visor and swap between the stock yellow and the smoke all the time. One of the best features of this helmet! Maybe your visor area isn't heating properly?
I did suspect that it might be defective but my brother has an Oxygen and it is the same way. Flip down the visor and there is all kinds of frost on it even with the heat set to high. Maybe both helmets have an issue...... Will definitely look into it as that is really my only complaint with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts