Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had sold then reliable 01' xc 600 in the spring, and was planning on a Rev 600 sdi with the new lower ride height. But late night ebay surfing turned up this Blade. I had the privilidge to ride a demo 3 years ago and was blown away. One thing led to another and now I have a studded 02 or 03' Blade X1 type T 800 in the garage. With 150 miles on it, it's pretty sweet. :banana:

Will have questions for blade owners.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took her to a Blade dealer in littleton N.H.. Seemed like a nice guy.
A few things needed to be updated ,roter bolts,titanium exhaust valves ,different belows,chain case vent, lean out carbs from factory,some wires secured, tunnel protectors, there weren't any although studded :augen41: no damage.
Going to look into ceramic coating exhaust.
Hope I can afford or even get gas this winter.
Anyone suggest other updates?
Any good suggestions for some storage on a blade?

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Nice sled, i wish i could take one of those for a ride to feel the blade characteristics. Supposed to ride like nothign out there.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I drove 1 in 03 on the first ride i went on with my RX-1 I really liked the m-10 suspension and the front end was good too but i will tell ya a few things i didnt like

1. Brake noise was terrible
2. Brakes where mushy
3.the motor noise is too loud and exhaust too
4.The power is dissapointing for such a cutting egde piece

IMO but hey thats me

Put the 4-stroke yamaha in and u got the best sled on earth :div20:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I've ridden a few of them, and none of them seemed noisy or crappy in the brake dept. they use the stock Polaris brake setup the only diff is the rotor is down on the driver axle in stead of on the jack shaft. Ride quality is second to none as far as I am concerned, it just doesn't get any smoother than that, The one i rode had an M-16 in it and not the M-10 with an ACE setup pretty plush and sweet. I live only a few miles from the Man who designed them and he is a member of our club so I see them quite often out on the trail around here and ocasionally get top ride them when I run into him On the trail

·
Registered
194 Posts
I rode some blades a few winters ago at the Snodeo in Coleman St Park NH. After riding everything else all day, me and two buddies took out some short and long track versions and whoooo. The dealer who took us out tore off down the totally beat up trail wide open! Huge ruts, big burms, twisty trails, nothing came close all day REGARDLESS of trail condition. I have never ridden a brand new sled so hard and so confidently before or since.
Blades are the top of the food chain and someday I'll get my own! Nice color on yours, Spo... I like the hand gaurds, nice touch.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Originally posted by NH trailrider@Sep 18 2005, 05:58 AM
I rode some blades a few winters ago at the Snodeo in Coleman St Park NH.  After riding everything else all day, me and two buddies took out some short and long track versions and whoooo.  The dealer who took us out tore off down the totally beat up trail wide open!  Huge ruts, big burms, twisty trails, nothing came close all day REGARDLESS of trail condition.  I have never ridden a brand new sled so hard and so confidently before or since.
Blades are the top of the food chain and someday I'll get my own!  Nice color on yours, Spo... I like the hand gaurds, nice touch.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879885
[/quote]

I go to the Sno-Deo every year and that demo ride was the best I've ever been on.

Nice sled Spo, we see that dealer up in Pittsburg rideing a few times a year. It might not be the stongest 800 but I think it's the best handleing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am not going to lie guys but i tested a blade i really didnt like it all that much. i perfer the polaris fusion 900 which i have ridin and holly crap is that thing fast. i had a polaris Indy 440 with a clutch kit, and a Can installed and a 1.5 inch track with 154 studs its fast but i really liek this yamaha i got which i have but a lot of money into. its my Sx600R its got clutch kit its ported and its got a can on it with a 1 in track and 102 studs, lets just say that it owned a SX700R stock and a F-6 and it was close to beating a stock RX-1 but it beat me and the sled is in perfect condition too but it has alot of mile on it i will post some pics soon as soon as i get my camera to work haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts