Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current helmet is about 1 1/2 seasons old and is starting to stink inside. does anyone have any recommenede products they have used to freshen up the liner and take away the smell?

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is a product called Helmet Fresh. It works best to keep new helmets odor free. I think soap and water are your best choice.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My current helmet is about 1 1/2 seasons old and is starting to stink inside. does anyone have any recommenede products they have used to freshen up the liner and take away the smell?[/b]
frebreeze it :)

or nilodour drops...

that will do the trick... just make sure you give yourself 24hours before you ride with nilodor.. thats powerfull stuff!!!!

cheers
Wart

·
Registered
41 Posts
As a LAST resort you can try the dishwasher.
I used to put my MX helmets in a few times a season. Just make sure you pull it before the dry cycle. Let it drip/air dry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you not just pop the padding out of your helmet? All the helmets I have owned the pieces were held in place by snaps. After the pieces are out put them in the washing machine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have always used regular hairshampoo and that works just great,you might have to wash it a couple of times before it gets clean.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I use the "no tears" baby hair shampoo so if there is any left after rinsing it won't mix with sweat and burn your eyes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My current helmet is about 1 1/2 seasons old and is starting to stink inside. does anyone have any recommenede products they have used to freshen up the liner and take away the smell?[/b]
try a shower

·
Registered
221 Posts
I said my helmet stinks, not my ass crack, ya ass crack.[/b]
That was good!!! :hyper:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts