Hardcore Sledder banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
its been a while since i had mine but if you are trying to smooth out approach angle for less resistance and hyfax wear the front of skid needs to go up not sure yours wont teeder more ??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I’m sure I will need to adjust the 120# fts spring (didn’t have it last year ) and I did drill new hole in between the factory limiter strap holes (it’s there now ) to bring the front of the skid up in the tunnel more , can and may have to move it to the 2end factory hole up another 1/2 into the tunnel
the way it is rite now I can put a 4x4 under both front skis and the track is still flat to the ground like the picture above , with ruffly little under a 1/4 in before rear scissor hits rss , now that I think of it I only checked this sled weight only I didn’t get on it and see if hits rss , again I’m 160# and I did install the edge 375 springs all set to low

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Made a bracket for the push arm , can’t find a prox push arm so got one for a edge , also got a torque arm from a 440 (was told it was a 440 but looked like it was gonna fit) , I knew the motor plate was wrong way and I would have to make one , used bracket from 440 as template to make this one ,
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
the problem i had with the torque arm was it would brake the tunnel aluminum piece you have it bolted to i ended up bolting a thicker piece to the inside and outside and sandwiching it to keep it from braking and i also used a 1 piece motor plate

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I had one of those, toughest damn sled ever built, put around 12,000 not so easy miles on the ole battle ax. Kept it as an extra for years, let buddies ride it if their sleds were down. Incredible sleds, have fun with it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
had A blast in February, learned some good and bad from setup ,
all said wth when I went to take out of the trailer and I grabbed the front bumper and walked down the ramp with it , freewheels pretty good
handling in trails is unreal goes where you point it easily, still little rough and lots of track spin from take off , with the 64 weights all took me off the line , and the way the suspension was set , fts was set at 2 and rear at 3 , moved them down 1 at a time till I ended up at 0 on both , HUGE DIFFERENCE in ride , and better transfer , still my set in was 3” , Added rooster adjustable weights 56 base and put 3.5 in each whole ,for 66.5 . Still hit 8k np in under 660 ft now low and mid range pull big difference and able to take the f7 off the line and be even by 660 or just ahead , the mpi apex I got off the line also ( he had lots of track spin as i did still also ) didn’t take him long at all to blow by me , that sled is fast ,
prior year I would hit 105 with stock track and 24/41 This year 95 with 1 1/4 ripsaw and 192 gold diggers 24/42 ,
what ive looked at and found so far past few months. Was still running rich with the 420 also oil rich , My c to c was 5/16 short , alignment off and had to much float , the edge .375 springs are to much for my weight , also when I was playing around with the rear torque links I cut out the locating pin/grove so the links can only go in one place , and I had set them 1 turn towards the back of the sled which made the springs little stiffer , also the epi spider rebuild kit I put in , the pucks/buttons are softer then Polaris Oem , I messed up and put shims on both sides of the spider , my bad still learning , the epi buttons were all mushrooming in less then 30 miles , and I had set to .000,spider clicking back and fourth now ,
Put 410 back in and turned tempa flow clockwise about 1/8 , put credit card in throttle block stop and cked oil pump line up marks and adjusted I’ve aligned the clutches , Chevy starter shims in between rear motor mounts and bars , c to c 11.5 ,5/8 offset float 1/16 in and out , waiting on Oem buttons / shims , put .359 rear springs back in and put rear torque links where there supposed to be , I now have 4” set in ,
added / made a set of low snow idler wheels for up front , track now has a slight gap from high fax , going to sharpen all studs only did one so far
Body jewelry Quartz Chemical compound Gas Cone

Wood Cigarette Nail Thumb Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
double post
going to leave the 420. Want to see if the oil setting/adjustment makes a difference in plug color , plus I could adjust the Tempaflow,
rather be safe ,then to close to the edge and POP,

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
4,276 Posts
great job on this. i see these pop up every once and a while around here and most are beat up pretty good. you got one in amazing condition. There's a 2004 800 ProXR here for sale, but he wants crazy money for it. Should have bought the one i saw pre covid for $2000. oh well.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts