Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Think it’s pin 22 goes to perc button other end goes to brown (ground ) , and pin 9 goes to tach light .....
if I use the key (instead of the perc button ) switch for start looks like I would use the r/w wire to pin 22 ???????

·
Registered
48,097 Posts
Just got off the phone with Slp , part# 50-73 Is the team tri cut 420719 helix , still available ( ordered )
Be careful ordering helix's from slp. They test a lot at higher elevations and in deep snow conditions. What works great there, never worked optimum here in southern new england on our groomed trails. I've noticed their now recommending the same clutch setup when converting to a tied driven for the older ves carb xc 600's i've been running for years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Be careful ordering helix's from slp. They test a lot at higher elevations and in deep snow conditions. What works great there, never worked optimum here in southern new england on our groomed trails. I've noticed their now recommending the same clutch setup when converting to a tied driven for the older ves carb xc 600's i've been running for years.
I have heard this ,but didn’t think it would make any difference on a helix

·
Registered
48,097 Posts
I have heard this ,but didn’t think it would make any difference on a helix
Like ivar says...as long as its the same 719 helix you shouldn't have a problem. Slp has sold some variations of other aftermarket helix's in the past. They just didn't work well. Had a lot to do where they located the spring tab holes in the helix.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Perc all installed and wired up , I now have reverse With working rev light in tach ,
tomorrow edge rear springs .375 going in and studboy shaper bars , still waiting on the 719 helix

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just got off the phone with Slp , part# 50-73 Is the team tri cut 420719 helix , still available ( ordered )
I had an 03 prox 7, still wish it was in my garage. That is the helix you want. If I remember right i ran an almond blue primary, 64g weights, 24/41 gearing, black team secondary spring, 2 delrin washers, with the 719 helix in the steeper angle. That thing was so awesome corner to corner and would handle any type of ditch banging you gave it. Also ran the SLP intake kit and jetted down to 420s. Had a 1.25 ripsaw on it with 144 studs down the middle. If you want better weight transfer do the relocating mod on the skid. It makes the rear suspension just work better. Loved that sled. Sold it to my brother in law 6 or more years ago and he's put less than 150 miles on it! Still in the family at least.

·
Registered
48,097 Posts
I had an 03 prox 7, still wish it was in my garage. That is the helix you want. If I remember right i ran an almond blue primary, 64g weights, 24/41 gearing, black team secondary spring, 2 delrin washers, with the 719 helix in the steeper angle. That thing was so awesome corner to corner and would handle any type of ditch banging you gave it. Also ran the SLP intake kit and jetted down to 420s. Had a 1.25 ripsaw on it with 144 studs down the middle. If you want better weight transfer do the relocating mod on the skid. It makes the rear suspension just work better. Loved that sled. Sold it to my brother in law 6 or more years ago and he's put less than 150 miles on it! Still in the family at least.
Buddy of mine has an 04 800 prox that he swapped the skid for an edge one, then installed a polaris 136'' edge rail kit, and did the shocks and springs. That sled is so much better than originally was.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Working on a few changes , clutching changed the primary to a slp blue/ yellow 140-310 ,replaced primary cover bushing , secondary spring changed to red/ dark blue 140-200 with 3 washers , changed bushing , machined the primary movable so the belt is about 1/8 over still can’t see the cords, have the bts clearance set at 20 thou, might try to get down to 10-15 , installed the 120# fts , put the 420719 helix in the steep angel , getting a 1 1/4 ripsaw studded track very low miles , will remove the outer studs and bring it to 96 studs ,as far as relocation mod I don’t want to drill tunnel, and I don’t want to lower the fta , rather I’m gonna try 02 edge torque links to raise the rear 3/4-7/8 in hope to get the skid flat and dead spot gone , also drill 3erd hole in limiter straps between the 2 and move it there , hope it takes a little of the angel out , I don’t ride powder , all trails and lake , trying to get it hook better ,make it quicker , and faster top end , trails I ride have speed limit , but out on lake do whatever ,
hope the suspension changes work , then it’s lots of tuning to get it rite , still gotta work on getting shocks serviced/ revalved , still lots to learn , wish I got into sleds many years ago ,
how do you guys think this gonna work , good and or bad ?
thank you

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Edge torquelinks did what I wanted , but caused other issues with rear scissor , put the stock torquelinks back in , did the relocation mod , ( broke down and drilled the holes ) , but I did the rear , drilled c-c 3/4 higher to get the skid up in the tunnel, dead spot is gone , skid is flat to the ground ,
thinking of playing with the adjustments for the rts and scissor ( one at a time ) to see if I can get a feel for what each adjustment does feels like

41 - 60 of 71 Posts