Hardcore Sledder banner

My first loss with F7

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  skydog 
#1 ·
Last night I raced an 02" XC800 with a clutch kit and MBRP silencer. I have my standard F7, 144 1.075 studs, stock clutching, rider weight 265 lbs. Buddys XC800 M10 with 168 studs, Length ?, clutched, rider weight 225 lbs. I'm not sure if he had anything else done to the sled, but I think it's relatively stock besides the MBRP silencer.

We lined up and for the most part we would stay together with him just pulling alittle on the top for a 1 sled length win on me. If I got the holeshot, he didn't have enough to pull ahead. I thought those M 10's were supposed to be slower than the edge chassis? Conditions were a flat 3-4" of powder on top of 6-8" of packed snow on a lake for a good 1/4 mile plus.

I honestly think I could take this sled if we were on a good hard pack, but we weren't, so I have to live with the results. Bottom line, it's only a 700! Right.

#3 ·
Interesting, I ride with my buddys 02' 800X Edge Suspension and he has never beat me. Most days we run real close, holeshots are even but he says I just jump ahead a couple sled lenghts and he can't catch me. I'm also about 5 MPH faster on top. Polaris has always left lots of room for improvement in there clutching and it sounds like your bud has it dialed in.

Maybe it's time for a few tricks of your own. :ph34r:

#4 ·
Jay, what were the trail conditions? I'm asking because this is what I contributed to my loss (loose snow vs. hardpack). When we were on the groomed trails and we both mashed it, it felt as if I was playing with him and could of passed him at will, but couldn't due to the narrowness of the trail.

#5 ·
This should encourage you to make some adjustments to your sled. Check all the simple things that can make a difference. belt wear, belt deflection,expermient with your secondary spring, making it tighter or looser will make a difference on holeshot. a stiffer primary spring will give you a difference fullshift. Never be satisfied and always keep your sled to the exact tolerances, this will give you an edge over guys that don't do anything.You should be able to handle an XC 800. Good Luck and keep the after burners on.

#9 ·
Its all in the set-up, Basicaly he was set-up better than you are. I have seen F7s beat Rev8s and I have seen it go the other way, My ZR9 has not lost after I got it set , Other 9s are at least 2 sled lenghts behind, and I have not lost to a F7 or any 8s, one RX-1. SET-UP is the name of the game.

#12 ·
I ride with an Uncle and Cousin that have xc700 & 800 with SLP pipe, heads, air box, v-force reeds. I leave them in all conditions at about 70 MPH and put about 3 to 5 sled lengths on them. I have heel clicker kit and weigh about 40 pounds less. I agree with previous replies that when they get their clutching and gearing dialed in, and they will, I will be playing catch up. Bottom line is if your the same weight as the guy you are running there is no near stock sled that should run with you.

#18 ·
my cousin has a 700 xcsp. and he beat a snopro f-7 last week,
and he thought he would beat me.... we raced 6 times
i won all 6 times. but i will say i think he has done some work to it,
i didnt just whip his ass.
but every body is talking about our race. i have been told he
WAS shooting his mouth off. (but not any more)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.