Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My take on the foot well issue...
Figured I'd address this issue FIRST since it seems to be most important to a lot of people. I personally like to lock my toes into the toe holds. I usually don't put my feet right up tight to the tunnel, but I don't normally put them that far out either. I've always been a guy who likes balance on both sides of my body. Putting your foot into the foot well on the right side of the Fusion or RMK body is different than what anyone is used to because it does make your foot rotate out further than that of a conventional sled. I don't feel ANY hindrance whatsoever from this design, but I do feel that it (like the REV seating position ) is something that you get used to with time. For some people it will take more time, and others it will take less time. I do think people will see a little boot wear from the stud/nut protruding from the near side of the chaincase. I don't think I would call this a flaw, rather, something you have to get used to if you want to own one of these sleds.

Fit & finish on this sled seems to be as good as or better than any other sled I've owned. There is one exception. The removable side panel on the right hand side. There is a gap between the top of the panel and the bottom of the hood. It is the same on both mine and skanky's sleds. There doesn't seem to be an adjustment on it so that is something I'll have to live with. I personally think they could've done a better job on that.

The gauge/digital display is awesome. I really like this feature. It has an engine temp readout, fuel gauge, separate temp gauge, hour meter, two trip meters, re-settable highest RPM, re-settable fastest speed, odometer, and switchable tach/speedo combo.

The bars are great, I feel like I will most likely have them in the #4 or #5 position a majority of the time. At the Sneak Peek I thought I'd need a 1 or 2 inch riser. I no longer feel it's necessary. I will be riding this year with the stock height. I can always change my mind. The controls are placed beautifully. Very easily accessed and user friendly ergos. The sidehilling bar makes seeing the gauge/display a little tricky though, but there again, that's something that I'll have to get used to.

The sled is narrow and LONG! Sitting in the saddle you can really see how narrow the body of the sled is. That tunnel is long, plain & simple. The looks of the long tunnel are taking some time growing on me, but I'm actually starting to like the way it looks.

The seat seems to be comfortable. Not too plush & not too firm. I do have three minor issues with the seat. First off it's not lockable to the base, which makes it easily stolen with the flip of a lever. Second, the storage volume below the seat is slim. You might get an extra pair of gloves in there along with your tool kit. But on the other hand, I didn't think there would be as much room in the lockable (go figure) storage compartment above the right foot well. The third issue I have with the seat is related to the storage in that I feel the seat will leak where it attaches to the base. I don't think the seal is as good as it could be and it could get anything you have in the under seat storage wet in powdery conditions. I could be wrong on this. I'm 99% sure I'll be buying a BOSS seat from GoBigParts.com.

The engine is very smooth, MUCH smoother than my previous VES 600. It is also very quiet, much quieter than I expected. Throttle response is almost instant. Removing the air box on this sled is cake and there's lots of room to tweak the carbs with the box removed. Clutch engages at 4200 RPM. Team secondary is updated with new bushings for `06 so I'm hoping there won't be any bushing issues. It also has the newer style splined hollow drive shaft.

Suspension adjustments are easy to make with the exception of the clicker shock in the rear. It's hard to get to the adjuster dial and packing some snow & ice around it will make that task even more difficult. I'm hoping to find one adjustment and leave it there. Fox shocks all the way around. I thought initially it was going to have Rydes in the front & center. The new spindles look really beefy. The skis appear to be much improved over last years stockers.

If anyone has any questions or wants me to look at anything specifically on the sled, let me know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some pics. The racer is mine and the blue/black belongs to a good friend. We picked them up at the same time from the same dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,367 Posts
very good report and killer sleds there dave. :div20:

i was sooo ready to by a crossover sled this time. especially after i
rode the fst s/b. but, upon further investigation, i found the super long
tunnel and the extra grand[$] made me back away. i just bought a
two place enclosed 10' trailer last year and i sure as hell can't afford
the new sled AND a new trailer again.

should be a killer ride. i have two friends that have sks-s/b's and they
claim that they will NEVER go back to a short track again. :div20:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Oct 5 2005, 08:34 PM
i just bought a
two place enclosed 10' trailer last year and i sure as hell can't afford
the new sled AND a new trailer again.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911244
[/quote]

That is PRECISELY the predicament I was in this past spring. I was going to get the Fusion but really wanted the SB. The only reason why I was going to get the Fusion was because the SB wouldn't fit in my two year old Triton 10' enclosed trailer. After I rode both sleds at the Super Sneak in Eagle River, I said "screw it, I'm buying a new trailer as well!" I got only $500 less than what I paid for the trailer and have to kick in an extra grand for the 12' Triton enclosed trailer. I'm glad I did too, because I really think it will be worth it. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I like th racer look now :div20:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Congratulations!!!

If i were to buy a Polaris that would be the one. :banana:

Peter

1 - 20 of 28 Posts