BRP Fish Bone stiffeners
custom graphics
etc........

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not much different from stock[/b]
ya, right... pullin down 140hp is not much more than the stock 105... 1400 bucks in custom valved shocks and rear springs... 800 dollar billet secondary... btw - how many 500ss bigbores do you know of?? i can answer that question, only 2 in the country right now... nothing on the sled hasn't been touched to maximize performance and drop weight safely... btw - full of fluids (gas, oil, coolant etc.) it weighs in at 496lbs... guess what, less money in it than a new xrs8, less weight, and equal hp... not too shabby for a pitiful little 06 500ss ex-rental i'd say... and it still pulls in 15mpg, i'll give ya the mpg isn't much different from stock...

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
ya, right... pullin down 140hp is not much more than the stock 105... 1400 bucks in custom valved shocks and rear springs... 800 dollar billet secondary... btw - how many 500ss bigbores do you know of?? i can answer that question, only 2 in the country right now... nothing on the sled hasn't been touched to maximize performance and drop weight safely... btw - full of fluids (gas, oil, coolant etc.) it weighs in at 496lbs... guess what, less money in it than a new xrs8, less weight, and equal hp... not too shabby for a pitiful little 06 500ss ex-rental i'd say... and it still pulls in 15mpg, i'll give ya the mpg isn't much different from stock...[/b]
:eek:wned:

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
ya, right... pullin down 140hp is not much more than the stock 105... 1400 bucks in custom valved shocks and rear springs... 800 dollar billet secondary... btw - how many 500ss bigbores do you know of?? i can answer that question, only 2 in the country right now... nothing on the sled hasn't been touched to maximize performance and drop weight safely... btw - full of fluids (gas, oil, coolant etc.) it weighs in at 496lbs... guess what, less money in it than a new xrs8, less weight, and equal hp... not too shabby for a pitiful little 06 500ss ex-rental i'd say... and it still pulls in 15mpg, i'll give ya the mpg isn't much different from stock...[/b]
He was reffering to the way it looks

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn't look like that but it looks similar to this[/b]
it's all in the details wildboer, not a single decal on that sled is oem (except the one with the VIN)... all done by Cael at Promotional Graphics, there is a subtle similarity to stock, but nothing about it is... the devil is in the details

·
Registered
163 Posts
all that money into a 500ss, why not just get an 800 - 480lbs, same/more hp, and a warrany. Your out of warranty as soon as you touch the motor! AND - its air cooled.

It does look nice, though, and its gotta be a nice ego booster to pull up next to a 600sdi and blow his doors in, and run damn close to an 800.

good job!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all that money into a 500ss, why not just get an 800 - 480lbs, same/more hp, and a warrany. Your out of warranty as soon as you touch the motor! AND - its air cooled.

It does look nice, though, and its gotta be a nice ego booster to pull up next to a 600sdi and blow his doors in, and run damn close to an 800.

good job![/b]
it's cheaper AND lighter with the same hp and better suspension (remember, this little guy is 496 soaking wet ready to ride, you gotta add about 60-70lbs to the stock 800 to get it ready to ride)... believe me when i tell ya, this little 500ss will WHOOP AZZ on a crossfire 7, which is to say it'll give an 800 renegade everything it can handle, maybe more... at the end of the day he's got roughly the same hp as an 800ho renengade and it's about 50 lbs lighter... a potent combo for sure... can't wait to get it dialed in and see how it runs... going to UP this weekend for its inaugural run, gotta fine tune clutching and jetting and get it broken in before it really shines (this motor takes about 5-600 miles to loosen up)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can see all of the work that went into this sled. I dont know why they are giving you such a hard time. I'd rather have this sled than a $12,000 XRS. I like everything! The 1.5 ripsaw should work great in most conditions. Is he going to stud it? People either love or hate the fox floats on a REV. Did he have to do anything to get the zero pros to fit in back? (shock length the same, bushing sizes different?)

·
Registered
186 Posts
A lot of wrench time into that sled and it shows. Does the number on the front say 662SS? I think that's awesome if it does, pass along compliments to your bro. Gives me some ideas for my SS.....and I was thinking about that big bore from RTK as well, so keep us informed on how she works.

Thanks.

PS. I don't think wildbore said anything bad, it was other peps that started the neg comments. :)

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
it's all in the details wildboer, not a single decal on that sled is oem (except the one with the VIN)... all done by Cael at Promotional Graphics, there is a subtle similarity to stock, but nothing about it is... the devil is in the details[/b]
nice looking sled....wildboer nobody wants to listen to you shit on other people's sleds so just shut the hell up..

by the way....he did an excellent job with it. nice work[/b]
A lot of wrench time into that sled and it shows. Does the number on the front say 662SS? I think that's awesome if it does, pass along compliments to your bro. Gives me some ideas for my SS.....and I was thinking about that big bore from RTK as well, so keep us informed on how she works.

Thanks.

PS. I don't think wildbore said anything bad, it was other peps that started the neg comments. :)[/b]
I didn't mean anything bad by it, I was pointing out that the other guy had a point when he said it looked similar to stock. I can see that the decals were all a different color yellow than stock, they actually matched the chrome yellow windshield very well(I have never seen a sled look good with a yellow chrome windshield before). The 662ss sticker gives away the fact that it is BY NO MEANS a stock sled, the float shocks and the BOSS seat also show it's not stock. All I was saying is that to the untrained eye it could appear as a 2006 X package with trimmed graphics, shocks, a seat, and a tunnel extension.

How high are the risers on the bars? And why did he choose Simmons skis? i have never really heard of people going to Simmons skis when they upgrade, they usually go to C&A pro's or razor's and sometimes slydogs. i know the Simmons are the dual runner skis that do not dart but I was wondering if they give big handling gains as well over the Pilot(that's what the sled came with right?).

·
Registered
650 Posts
edit the topic - my BROTHER finished his custom rev

RKT 500ss/662 big bore motor
136x1.5 ripsaw
hyperlite clutch
Goodwin valved Floats in the front
Goodwin valved Zero Pro's in the rear
Rev*Baron custom rack
10" FourBarr LED
digatron dual EGT, TACH, and Water Temp
rox adjustable height pivot riser
X pkg bars
Tempa-Flow
Oil-lite bushings
Custom Aaen pipe ceramic coated of course
boss seat
simmons skis w/ bergstrom triple points
steel braided brake line
BRP Fish Bone stiffeners
custom graphics
etc........[/b]
Those are some pretty good mods. Let me know how that 662 runs. I found that kit for my 500ss but not sure if I want to purchase it or not. Great looking sled.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those are some pretty good mods. Let me know how that 662 runs. I found that kit for my 500ss but not sure if I want to purchase it or not. Great looking sled.[/b]
he ran it in his 02 zx chassis last season, i've ridden it, it's a FAST sled... a revver, kelsey ports it to run at about 82-8300 rpm, totally smooth and it just keeps on pulling... kelsey knows how to make this motor run...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't mean anything bad by it, I was pointing out that the other guy had a point when he said it looked similar to stock. I can see that the decals were all a different color yellow than stock, they actually matched the chrome yellow windshield very well(I have never seen a sled look good with a yellow chrome windshield before). The 662ss sticker gives away the fact that it is BY NO MEANS a stock sled, the float shocks and the BOSS seat also show it's not stock. All I was saying is that to the untrained eye it could appear as a 2006 X package with trimmed graphics, shocks, a seat, and a tunnel extension.

How high are the risers on the bars? And why did he choose Simmons skis? i have never really heard of people going to Simmons skis when they upgrade, they usually go to C&A pro's or razor's and sometimes slydogs. i know the Simmons are the dual runner skis that do not dart but I was wondering if they give big handling gains as well over the Pilot(that's what the sled came with right?).[/b]
that's what he was looking for, something that was just enough to make people do a double take on it and want to investigate further, subtle but unique and aggressive... it works for what he was lookin to do...

as for the simmons, i'm not sure why, i've never been a big fan, but they gotta be better than those damn pilots (him and i both put about 200 miles on the pilots last year and thought they were worse than the precisions by a long shot)... if he doesn't like 'em he'll get something else, i'm trying the USI x2 triple threats this year and i've had powder pros and slydogs as well as C&A, we'll see what works...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.