Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran against my buddies XC 800 again today. I don't know what he changed but it sure made a big difference. He pulled me all the way around today. Also ran against a 900 ZR. He had pipes and other work . Ran pretty close to him but after about 600 ft ccs took over. Still impressed by the stock 700 in my sled.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
OH NO!!!! CODE RED BOYS!!! WE GOT BEAT BY A POLARIS AGIAN!!! ahh, man, thats the 2 time with week. WHAT are u gonna do!!! :lol:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't think that there is any need to panic here. These things happen, "every dog has it's day"... There is no doubt that the F-7's are smokin', but depending on set-up most sleds can be made to rock, it is just that the F-7's don't need much help out of the box....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Originally posted by kenzr@Jan 26 2003, 09:19 PM
I don't think that there is any need to panic here. These things happen, "every dog has it's day"... There is no doubt that the F-7's are smokin', but depending on set-up most sleds can be made to rock, it is just that the F-7's don't need much help out of the box....
good point!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last week I posted the results of us racing and the guy with xc 800 posted he was impressed with the F7. I got to tell you I have raced a couple of xc 800 and beat them bad, but this guy has got this sled running. I am going to try firecatsnopro's setup in the clutch. I think it may make it a close run.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Listen guys don't let that Polaris fool you. I have a 700XCSP edge with a sleeper head, Hotseat racing clutch, Boost bottle, Delta V-Force 3 Cages, SLP Pipe and a special air box to keep it all breathing. It all looks stock until I open a can of whoop ass on some one who's cocky! Polaris needs all the help it can get. I'll let you know how the Stock F7 holds up to the XC next week. I can tell you this, I raced a stock 700XCSP which was studded and I'm not and held my own. I'll be studded in 3 days.

When in doubt, Gass it!

Thaigon

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have a friend who has a 700xcsp, with a single slp pipe clutched and hot seat head. 1.5 in track and i smoke him with stock sno pro f7. he also has the air box mods. but hes only got 3 fingers on his throttle hand at least thats his excuse.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Lake Neppising in Mich I beat a heavily modified XC 8 with no problems. I had only 96 studs too! but when starting in the snow that they plowed of the track no problem . He had v-force porting, pipes, can,and clutch work. Other than out of the hole it wasn't even a race. i Have a heelclicker BUT ALL IT DID IS IMPROVE MY 0-60 FT TIMES , better check your compression. Anyways I had good luck today but I need alot more tracktion , but whos got 1.5 ice pix and chisels? Take caer ya'll aand safe riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts