Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only know of one guy whose f5 reads 115 he said he wrote down his engine serial # and called it in and it registerd as an F7 so he sized the pistons up and they were F7 pistons. think this could have been done to mine??? is this possible???

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know if I can believe that story. If you put F5 carbs on a 700 block wouldn't the motor be too lean and burn down. I would think that it would take more than the main jet size of the 5 to fuel the 7 motor ??
Right of wrong ?? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
960 Posts
yes yes!! I was on island pond yesterday and it kept hitting 113!! I diddnt beleive it but I was also even with a sxviper. Hope thats what happend to mine

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine always reads 115 when i max...i beat 2 sxvipers one by 3 sleds the other by 2 because he had mbrp silencer clutch hit and v-force 3 :D

·
Registered
960 Posts
have you ever been through a radar run because they obviously cant do 113 or 115

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
HEY SNOPRO5 and holeshot f5,do you guys know how to use the max recall button on the tach,if so what are you seeing after these :wacko: runs of 110+ :unsure: and did you by chance plug in a single electrical connection by the headlights,thinking that someone forgot to plug it in??

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'd like to see an F5 hit 115, I ran my F7 last night on the harbour here many times over a mile long and it flashed 109. Mine is a sno pro and I know they are slower but the standard F7 ones are having a hard time hitting 115

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have an F5 standard with 3000 miles on it. This sled will flat out fly for a 500. It will easily run in the upper 90's and on a long lake run cross the 100 mark, but 115????? I don't think so.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by redF5sp@Mar 1 2003, 07:08 AM
HEY SNOPRO5 and holeshot f5,do you guys know how to use the max recall button on the tach,if so what are you seeing after these :wacko: runs of 110+ :unsure: and did you by chance plug in a single electrical connection by the headlights,thinking that someone forgot to plug it in??
ummm, you can that on the tach? To show top mph, how so please?

until i started going to races i didnt "know" any f7 owners, now i know a few and they all say the same thing, 102, 103, 107........

cause its real life and real time.....

So if i see a F5 doing 115 mph ( beating a rx 1 across a lake ) - im trading in my f7 :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Im not a bull sh*ter and if I was I would not do it on this site. an its not a bash forum. I am telling you I saw 4 runs of 106 an 104, then the last one I saw 113. (I dont beleive the 113)but It cant be too far off because I was running EVEN with my dads viper(he is 255, and i am 160). It was about a 2-3 mile stretch on island pond in vt. I have 800 miles on it. After, I met a guy with a polaris 500xcsp at the store next to the lake. He was talking about all the mods on his sled and a lot of smack of how hes beat every 600 and 500. And after this I went back out on the lake again and raced my dad. The guy with the 500 witnessed this and I rode up to him and asked him to race, he said he cant because he needed to go buy plugs. What kind of excuse is this!!!???!!!! I do not know how to do the max recall button on the sled. Can you inform me how to do this I will go out right now and check it. I need to get to a radar run. Because the f-500 is very fast, but not that fast :blink: :unsure: :blink:

·
Registered
394 Posts
how about putting your 115mph F5's title one the line? if you can outrun my F7 you can have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys I not a bullshit kinda person either im just sayin my speedo read 115 like 8 times i beat 2 sxvipers already the guy with the hyped up one is still tryin to hype it up so he can beat me i mean were good friends and everything i let him look under my hood and all that "he even raced me with mine and me on his and he still smoked me"!!....My friend who has an f7 sno pro smoked an rx-1 across our lake here by like 6-7 sleds and i was right on his tail the whole time on that like and i tried to get the rx-1 to race across the lake but he said he knows i'll beat him across it..but in a longer run i told him he'd smoke me and he agreed I've beaten 3 xc 600's 2 vipers 2 srx's (dont ask me how) u can call him right now and ask him if u dont think i've beaten him...and i beat my buddies xc 500 edge 03 model by like 3 sleds. i still want to do some more racing but no one will even race me anymore...and im not a story teller strait up im hate mad bullshiters like that...so guys im doin anything to get any bashing...but yeah my friend has an uncle who has an radar and i've been tryin to get him to radar me but hes an asswhole so yeah...thanx for letting know what yall think..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stock gearing for a 2003 Firecat 500 is 40 tooth and 19 tooth . With the clutches on this cat driving the stock gearing the engine would have to turn almost 12500 rpm to get 115 mph. If you were to run 39 tooth by 24 tooth gears at 9500 rpm you would get 112 mph.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've seen my speedo flash above 110 several times but it is just a flash, nothing more. The best I've gotten out of my std. F7 is 106 and that is sitting there for 10 to 15 secs. Plus my tach is screwed up and reading 10,000 so I wouldn't put much faith in those readouts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I hit a 102 on the lake by my house. Stock clutches,but I moved my secondary spring to hole #2 and the tach. reads 8300 rpm's hole #3 97 mpr @ 8450 rpm's. if conditions where a bit better maybe it would have been more but I not sure about this.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hey kingcat, dont go too far south of island pond unless they get a snowstorm, dont go past route 1 trust me. As for that race, you will smoke me, I know my f-5 isnt faster than your f7. But If I end up going up there this weekend I will post it and we can set up a time to meet and you can take it for a run(aS long as I can take ur rocket for a run) and then you tell me if it doesnt get past 106 on the speedo, and will probably show at least 110 on a run. but have to get to a radar run then I can run my mouth about the accurate numbers :ph34r:

·
Registered
960 Posts
v man, 5 or 7!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts