Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was going to but can't get it to work. I pick my file and hit upload. It then says it is uploading but nothing is actually uploading. Size of pic is about 150k so that should be ok, any suggestions?
And in the meantime how about jetting?
I was at 440, 460, 440 with the needles at 3.5, 4, 3.5. The variflow was set for 5% lean. -10c @ 1800ft. I am not able to get some long pulls on the mains so not sure what they need yet, but leaner. The midrange temps sure get up there though, I can see over 1300 pretty regular, the center can be up to 150 degrees over the others. Max recal has been over 1500 on the center and near 1400 on others. Just some numbers, not worried about them yet.
The plugs are very hard to read, the oil seems to make them dark. Anyone have a suggestion as to a good oil for reading plugs? The wash after 70 miles running in the mid to occasional wot was a little rich but close in the center, mag was rich and the pto was the richest.
I dropped a jet size and will run the variflow at 7.5% reduction and try again, should be reasonably close for needles but gotta check it. Thinking I may drop the pto to 3.25 but?.
72 miles and the tank was on E. Not happy about that part but I was making trail in full stubble fields pretty much the whole time. I hope I can get that a bit better.

·
Registered
264 Posts
LOLLLLLLLLLLL...........................72 miles.................. , yup don't miss those days. Hey, guys on Amsnow say they are getting 100 plus mpg outta those things....LOL!!!!!!!!, I beg to differ. Ran outta gas a few times at just over 80. What do you have for pipes Daryl?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOLLLLLLLLLLL...........................72 miles.................. , yup don't miss those days. Hey, guys on Amsnow say they are getting 100 plus mpg outta those things....LOL!!!!!!!!, I beg to differ. Ran outta gas a few times at just over 80. What do you have for pipes Daryl?[/b]

:no_bashing: LOL Oh ya how about 116km. That sounds better :smilielol: If I can get it 85 or so that will do till I get another sled for riding out of sight of a gas pump.

HTG pipes into the stock can

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I would be happy with 72 miles period count your blessings ya hoser
But anyway what do you think of raising the preload on the ev springs so they open a little later I did notice the more you stay out of it the better the milage is(more so that other sleds Ive had) and the valves seem to open just above where you are cruising, you just goose it at all and they open

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be happy with 72 miles period count your blessings ya hoser
But anyway what do you think of raising the preload on the ev springs so they open a little later I did notice the more you stay out of it the better the milage is(more so that other sleds Ive had) and the valves seem to open just above where you are cruising, you just goose it at all and they open[/b]

hoser.......lol haven't heard that one for a long time. Bob and Doug? Just for that I am going riding today and I'm going to let you know how may miles I get. :banana:

I am going to turn the spring cap in and see, good suggestion :beerchug:

Anyone have an idea for the pic thing? I just tried snowest and it uploaded ok.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Usual rule of thumb is run the caps flush but I know my xcr was finicky on the spring preload. I know for grass racing we screw em right in. What year of motor Daryl? The 99's had a change up spring EH!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
yea if Bob and Doug rode sleds they would definatley have xcr motors
I hate to say it but that is the first thing I think of with any thing involving Canada, hilarious!
Let us all know on the ves I have even considered seting them diferent to make the power come on a little smother but I am not sure if that would be good or not I'd try it if we had any dam snow.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Well I was going to but can't get it to work. I pick my file and hit upload. It then says it is uploading but nothing is actually uploading. Size of pic is about 150k so that should be ok, any suggestions?[/b]
Definetly need some pics. I was having trouble uploading too. I've just been putting them on my photobucket account and doing pics that way since the board upload is slightly tweaky lately.

·
Registered
954 Posts
:no_bashing: LOL Oh ya how about 116km. That sounds better :smilielol: If I can get it 85 or so that will do till I get another sled for riding out of sight of a gas pump.

HTG pipes into the stock can[/b]
You should get a lot better. I get consistent 120+ miles out of my 144" rmk. The first ride was about 80. Just a little tweaking on the low speed circuits(mine had low speed issues) can make a big difference. I went for something different i'm running lean 1.4 air jets and rich 55 pilots, needles in middle. Still rich off idle low speed, it will load up if putting around in powder or tight trail I'm gonna try flannery's set up 0.7 and 45 pilot just for fun and see what happens.
With needles in middle i've got a hot spot at 3/4 throttle heavy load(70-80mph up hill)will put center over 1300 if held there, other wise good. :div20:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should get a lot better. I get consistent 120+ miles out of my 144" rmk. The first ride was about 80. Just a little tweaking on the low speed circuits(mine had low speed issues) can make a big difference. I went for something different i'm running lean 1.4 air jets and rich 55 pilots, needles in middle. Still rich off idle low speed, it will load up if putting around in powder or tight trail I'm gonna try flannery's set up 0.7 and 45 pilot just for fun and see what happens.
With needles in middle i've got a hot spot at 3/4 throttle heavy load(70-80mph up hill)will put center over 1300 if held there, other wise good. :div20:[/b]

120??? I'm in, what's the rest of your setup? Clutching, gearing etc. PM me if you want.
Last time out was 78 miles and the tank had just under 1/4 left. Worked out to 11.5 mpg (thats 9.5 mpg for you southern neighbors)
So far I am at 50 pilots with .8 air jet and needles at pto 3.25, 4.25, 3.5 and 430, 450, 430 mains with the variflow on 7.5% reduction for -10 to 12c. Turned it down to 10% reduction today at 0C. Man I love that variflow!!!
Have a 136 kit ( 1.5 track) coming in the next few days so I am not going to do any more clutching till that's on. Right now it's at 68g dalton with 150-340, 50-40f team with 155-222 spring, 23/40 gears, 1.25 121 track. Runs around 82-8300 and will creep up as it gets shifts out.
Power and mpg together, can it get any better than this :celebrating:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I was going to but still can't get it to work. I pick my file and hit upload. It then says it is uploading but nothing is actually uploading.
It's nothing special, looks just like the others except not as nice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.