Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
get a dog :roflmao:

wonder how warm they are with the bigger windshield?

are you by chance related to C.J. Ramstad?
No! Could only wish to be related to a legend. I have the tall windshields on both my 600's. Mirrors as well. Showing my age. I can no longer turn my head like I could in my younger dumber days of riding. I also have a dog but at 8 lbs he is not going to warm my fat body very well but he is the best little guy on the planet.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
No! Could only wish to be related to a legend. I have the tall windshields on both my 600's. Mirrors as well. Showing my age. I can no longer turn my head like I could in my younger dumber days of riding.
figured I would ask

don't run my sleds with the speedometer covers they put on as stock these days either, I like them big and doing the job of shielding me from the wind. not old enough for mirrors yet though, couple years maybe. ;)

look forward to hearing your riding impressions of the B-last

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with one of the previous post's, you want warmth and comfort get a dog lol a nice 60 lb golden retriever.

I hope these do sell well, god only knows Cat needs something here.

Nothing wrong either mirrors and a tall windshield. I opt for the lowest windshield, big gauntlets, and a hand mirror.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
indy evo is a profit loser (loss leader) parts bin sled from an old chassis and old fan cooled engine and not selling well, even according to polaris guys on hcs. the Blast is modern, where as the Evo is a Blast from the past.

AJ shows just how easy/cheap it is to bring an Evo to Blast sized specs
SUPERTRAXMAG.COM - Home of Supertrax International - Snowmobiling's Most Read, Most Opinionated and Highest Circulation Magazine
https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/shocks-suspension/2884251/ + 6 hours of labor if you aren't handy and don't have the proper tools.
https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalasse...-suspension/2884251_9930729r01.pdf?v=78451e7a

in comparison to the $14-15K sleds Doo/Poo is selling, 7500 isn't really terrible, and good used sleds sure are bringing premium asking prices here in the upper midwest. bet I could sell either of my snopro's now for the same or more than I paid for them after piling a few thousand miles on each of them.

would be cool to see the kids racing them, but against who/what? no one else is making a 400cc or single cylinder sled, yet. can't wait for the inevitable jokes if Polaris ever releases the 4:20 :laff:

Are you retired? Otherwise, don't you have anything better to do? Jesus. Go riding or something.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Are you retired? Otherwise, don't you have anything better to do? Jesus. Go riding or something.
Buddy, I've been riding since the winter of 1972 when 40 horspower was king buddy, and Cnr2cnr (by his screen profile) has been doing it about the same time. YOU my friend, gotta a lot of catching up to do. So YOU go riding somewhere!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Here's what I see on it, it did JUST 60mph,, and that in the vid was hardpack snow, so it is only going to go that fast, obviously no front bumper, non existent windshield and look at the running boards, no rear hoops and no support angles. At least from the video. For what it is it runs alright but at that price point really I would rather have a twin of some sort. It really is a tiny sled, I couldn't see piling a bunch of bags on it for a trip. It's ok, the wife would like it, but not 8 grand OK

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Here's what I see on it, it did JUST 60mph,, and that in the vid was hardpack snow, so it is only going to go that fast, obviously no front bumper, non existent windshield and look at the running boards, no rear hoops and no support angles. At least from the video. For what it is it runs alright but at that price point really I would rather have a twin of some sort. It really is a tiny sled, I couldn't see piling a bunch of bags on it for a trip. It's ok, the wife would like it, but not 8 grand OK
I'm not defending it but the guy that took the video said he's 245lbs, he was one handing the camera and said he felt it's capable of 70mph. They have a kit with a bumper, windshield and tunnel bag for $400 you can add to the spring order. Folks that have ridden it seem more enthusiastic about it than those who haven't. Reminds me of people that bashed the 85hp SnoPro 500 when it was launched, those who rode it had high praise and those who didn't were hung up on the hp level. The B-last obviously isn't for everyone so we'll have to sit back see how it sells.

·
Registered
2016 ZR6000 (for now....)
1,492 Posts
I can still envision an exhaust valve EFI 500cc 2-stroke in this thing, about 100 HP. If they came out with that, I'd buy it in a second.

I'm just not holding my breath for a new engine, though...

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm not defending it but the guy that took the video said he's 245lbs, he was one handing the camera and said he felt it's capable of 70mph. They have a kit with a bumper, windshield and tunnel bag for $400 you can add to the spring order. Folks that have ridden it seem more enthusiastic about it than those who haven't. Reminds me of people that bashed the 85hp SnoPro 500 when it was launched, those who rode it had high praise and those who didn't were hung up on the hp level. The B-last obviously isn't for everyone so we'll have to sit back see how it sells.
I have ridden all 3 models of the blast the zr lt and m. And I cm tell you from experience I used to hav a z370 and have had jag 440 the blast though only 65 hp is much faster and more capable the zr I rode did 68 on the trail with me on it full gear I'm 320. The guy from cat that was doing the demo was just a head of me and he said he saw 64 on the m and the lt got to 63 with me on it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
it's going to take a major overhaul of everything including the full sized sleds to get people to jump over to Cat's at this point. no '850', 2012 chassis and a lack of general excitement ain't helping them.
When I look at the riders in my area the last few years more are switching to Arctic Cat then leaving.
Primary reason is due to issues they have with other brands

61 - 74 of 74 Posts