Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OP, since you rode the machine wondering who you think should buy it?[/QUOTE]

I think that many different demographics will appreciate this machine for different reasons. This machine can deliver 90% of the value of a much more expensive machine assuming the tracking issue can be resolved with setup or whatever. That is good value. A parent will appreciate a machine that is not overpowered in the hands of their teenager. A 150 lbs person will appreciate being more self sufficient do to the light wieght. A 250 lbs person will appreciate its weight carrying capacity. A sportsman who just wants to go ice fishing. Anybody who does not need to race. Anybody who wants to beat their buddy’s thru the woods with one cylinder tied behind their back. Last but not least a Russian who wants a better machine.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I have mine set up and it does not push, turns just fine and the buttery smooth steering makes me feel pretty good. I personally will never go back to single runners. I don't even use them on my fish house sled.
Lol. Ok, you are old.

Remember also that these sleds do not have a sway bar on them in there present form. Had a 91 Jag AFS and it could get quite squirrelly in certain conditions.
Duallies will make that worse. Best handling sled I've owned had no sway bar. No duallies either.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Rode new snowmobile at event in ERX. The evaluation was compromised do to location on beat up track at ERX. I thought it was a good machine on a bad demo track. I grabbed a 6000 for comparison. With the bigger machine the bumps seemed a bit smaller but only in proportion to the small difference in the size of the machine. The short track ZR4000 took the bumps same as the long track LT4000. The machine does not feel like 3/4 size instead it feels more like 7/8 size. This is not a kids toy. It is a quality product. It was not bouncy like a old Polaris Indy Light. Fit and finish was great but just a bit spartan with regard to features. The engine was the star of the show. It was much quieter than the bigger 2-strokes and somehow smoother. It did not sound like a old one lunger. It was not quick to rev but pulled harder than expected at speed. The clutch did not engage as smooth as the Team clutch but it was close. My only complaint was how it tracked. It felt like it had little or no caster (trail in motorcycle terms). It took little effort to hold it in a turn but sometimes that steer force would go away or even go negative causing the machine to dart. Both the long track and the short track Blast 4000 machines behaved the same. The skis and rake angle looked the same as the 6000. On that test track the 6000 also darted but to a lesser degree. Go figure. It may have been just setup. Get this issue resolved and with a good windshield I think one could post a high mileage day on this machine.
Reflecting back I think the machines darted do to a setup issue made worse by bad test conditions. Both machines that I drove had a loud clunk in the rear suspension do to missing bushings in the middle shock absorber rod eye. If they overlooked that they probably overlooked other things.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Reflecting back I think the machines darted do to a setup issue made worse by bad test conditions. Both machines that I drove had a loud clunk in the rear suspension do to missing bushings in the middle shock absorber rod eye. If they overlooked that they probably overlooked other things.
:rolleyes: oh boy... otb

Did they tell you or did you happen to find out the max engine rpm? Haven't see it posted anywhere.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another comment. The Blast 4000 machine does seem spartan or smaller unless it is next to the Procross machines. Attached is more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry, I meant to say that the Blast 4000 does not seem spartan or small...

·
Registered
2021 ZR8000RR
2,963 Posts
How much more could a 600 cost to put in this chassis? I think if cat could figure out how to put that motor in here for say $8500 and have a shock option sled for $9000 as a “trail racer” they’d sell a ton of them and that’s what they need right now. I’m guessing and hoping that 2022 will bring a new chassis with some big 60th anniversary release. I doubt they’ll help the prospects of a budget blast 600 though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Another comment. The Blast 4000 machine does seem spartan or smaller unless it is next to the Procross machines. Attached is more photos.
Correction: I meant to say ‘The Blast 4000 machine does not seem spartan or smaller...

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
How much more could a 600 cost to put in this chassis? I think if cat could figure out how to put that motor in here for say $8500 and have a shock option sled for $9000 as a “trail racer” they’d sell a ton of them and that’s what they need right now. I’m guessing and hoping that 2022 will bring a new chassis with some big 60th anniversary release. I doubt they’ll help the prospects of a budget blast 600 though.
not much more $ at all for the engine, peanuts

have I mentioned my Sno Pro 600 unicorn based from the Blast in this thread yet? :glare:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
At the price they are selling them is not that cheap. A left over 600 or even 800 is not much more and you don’t have to preorder it. Let alone a lightly used 600 will be cheaper and have more room to grow into. I think these blast are awesome but not sure how good they will sell being preorder only. When it snows and dad goes to buy one at the dealer for his son for Christmas and they say to bad should of ordered it 9 months ago??? And they are 8000+ probably cost more then what dad paid for his sled

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Maybe Textron will have sleds stored somewhere and customers can order online then have sent to local dealer (Amazon style ordering) and have new sled within a couple weeks, not the same as walking in a dealership and picking one out but times are changing. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
At the price they are selling them is not that cheap. A left over 600 or even 800 is not much more and you don’t have to preorder it. Let alone a lightly used 600 will be cheaper and have more room to grow into. I think these Sm last are awesome but not sure how good they will sell being preorder only. When it snows and dad goes to buy one at the dealer for his son for Christmas and they say to bad should of ordered it 9 months ago??? And they are 8000+ probably cost more then what dad paid for his sled
Well that Is why they gave you a half a year to order. Everyone who has ridden them that I can find has been positive about them. I am going next Sunday to Bemidji to give them a ride. Not everyone rides at 90 mph all the time. This is to me a perfect sled for those who want to get into the sport or don't care for the high performance side of things and hey, they come with a warranty. Used sleds usually don't.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Well that Is why they gave you a half a year to order. Everyone who has ridden them that I can find has been positive about them. I am going next Sunday to Bemidji to give them a ride. Not everyone rides at 90 mph all the time. This is to me a perfect sled for those who want to get into the sport or don't care for the high performance side of things and hey, they come with a warranty. Used sleds usually don't.
I have no doubt they are a cool sled. Just wondering who is actually going to order one and if they will flop. I think they could sell a lot if they were on dealer floors. But most people have lost there local AC dealer and don't even know where to order one

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
They push, don't turn, add drag and solve nothing that you can't resolve if you just spend a wee bit of time setting up your sled. I am close to your age, your life isn't over, you can still ride. Spend some time setting up your sled and get rid of those monstrosities.
Dual runner bars remove most of the darting in snow/trails that have set-up hard with ruts from previous sleds skis. Spring riding makes this very obvious, and no amount of adjustments is going to remove this trait, short of installing skis with multiple keels.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have no doubt they are a cool sled. Just wondering who is actually going to order one and if they will flop. I think they could sell a lot if they were on dealer floors. But most people have lost there local AC dealer and don't even know where to order one
I have about 6 dealers with in 75 miles of where I live. They all will be or have gotten demo sleds. I think it will be there best sales year to date because of these sleds. Sure feel the buzz at my local dealership.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have never had to adjust my steering on any of my Cat sleds that I have bought through out the years. Not sure what to make of that comment.
No need to as my sleds have no issues. No saying my dealer did not set it, but I dont usually mess with things when they work.
I also had to do mine when I got mine home, alignment was way off. And just because yours is doesn't mean that's how they all are

·
Registered
797 Posts
They push, don't turn, add drag and solve nothing that you can't resolve if you just spend a wee bit of time setting up your sled. I am close to your age, your life isn't over, you can still ride. Spend some time setting up your sled and get rid of those monstrosities.
X2 what he said^^

21 - 40 of 74 Posts