Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got back my snowmobile today, I took it out for a ride.
I thought it smoked alot so when I took a look what they had done I was a bit surprised when the oil rod wasn`t attached to the fuel rod ;) . The oil rod were on max oil. I thougt they was suppose to shorten the oil rod not disable it and put it to the max all the time. Or maybe my dealer forgott to put the oil rod back?! :ph34r:

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
the pump linkage is spring loaded....if the rod was not connected it should have been at min. oil.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by AC F7@Feb 18 2003, 03:39 PM
the pump linkage is spring loaded....if the rod was not connected it should have been at min. oil.
do you mean that there is not suppose to come any oil?
But isn`t the oil rod suppose to be connect to the fuel linkage?

·
Registered
290 Posts
yes of course there is suppose to be oil and connected to the throttle body

what I was saying the if you disconnect the linkage from the pump the pump will sit in a min oil or idle state. When you give is gas the pump will not move of course and not add the metered amount of oil.

You said it did smoke alot though which is why I posted that I thought the oil pump linkage was spring loaded at the pump in addition to the throttle body's spring

anybody correct me if I'm wrong

check it out...if I'm right I'd go back to the dealer and get some free slugs & jugs

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Oil pump lever is spring loaded so if linkage pops off lever goes to full rich. Helps to keep sled from running to lean and seizing up if linkage breaks or pops off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts