Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dads f7 oil light is always blinking when he goes around turns. There is plenty of oil wtf is going on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had this happen on my F7 also. I think the oil is sloshing from one side of the tank to the other in the corners and the sensor for the low oil light comes on from the oil moving up and down in the tank.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting topic. A few weeks ago I had gone over a snow bank and the sled tipped to the recoil side. Soon after as I was going down the trail I noticed the oil light coming on....blinking on an off sporadically. I rode about 5 miles to get to my brothers house. Seemed to get more frequent. When I got there I added oil, but I got a surprise. Filled up without hardly adding any. So that had me worried. Thought maybe it got an air pocket from tipping. So then I put a bit of oil in the tank just in case. At any rate the light never came on again that night and nothing bad happened. Guess the oil sensor is picky......hmmm.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's a lot of topics regarding this enoying light.
And it seems to blink when the trail is bumpy after half a thank of gas.
When the light is constant the oil that is left should cover one thank of gas.
But i agree that it's enoying when it blinks so you don't have the time to see what light it is thats blinking... :angry:

·
Registered
269 Posts
mine did it too. had oil in it, but keep it topped off now and havent seen it since.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
My engine light started flashing on and off after about 50 miles on the sled. The trail had minimal snow. I pulled over and read the manual. It said this could be the heat exchangers are getting too hot due to lack of snow. I started again after about 10 min and never saw the light again. I due find a bit of loose snow to ride in when I can to cool off the heat exchangers. 200 miles now and no problems.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've had my oil light flashing several times on multiple rides. I'm a quart low at the most and when I ride hard rough trails, it goes on and off often. Keeping the tank full remedies this.

catfish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts