Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...after the long enough wait, my MBRP canister for my F-5 is in at the dealers! My dad is going to go pick it up today and then when i get home from school we are putting it on. I cant wait to hear this thing, hopefully it will sound great. I will let all you guys know how it is later on...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I cant wait to hear back...I wanna see if they really make them loud...and I'm thinking about getting one myself... B)

H

·
0 Posts
i wanna know what the mbrp silencer sounds like.....im thinkin about speedwerx rocket twin pipes....anyone plan on buyin any???

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Can you post a picture maybe when you install it? I am thinking about getting one on my F5 too! Not sure if it is worth it though cause I am selling it at the end of the winter. And also how does it sound?! Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright everyone, we got it installed tonight and wow :wub: it sounds great. Installation was pretty easy. At idle, it has a low rumble to it... mid is somewhat louder but then at high rpms when the valves open is when it really sounds great. My dad has the same canister for his 2001 zr 600 and at high rmps it sounds totally different... it has that extremely loud scream to it. This one on my F-5 has more of a growl/rumble. As soon as i took it for a ride I could feel the difference in power- more throttle response and torque. I will post some pics tomorrow of the canister on

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
havent gotten a chance to go for a long ride yet, but it is really running good and has much better throttle response. when we bring it to have all the updates done the dealer said he would jet it down one for us. doesnt need it, but everybody else says they are jetting their's down. i will post pics of it later when i get home- it looks sweet! :rolleyes:

also i installed my team arctic handguards lastnight- will post pics. i have the windshield mirrors and they dont hit the gaurds... but when opening the hood i have to be careful because they hit then.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My son "let" me ride his F5 after we installed his can. I could notice the increase in response immediately. The sound is sweet compared to my ZR,
low rumble with a bark at high rpm's instead of a screech like mine. I could actually hear him testing it from our house a half mile or so away when he would get on it. SWEET

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't forget to bring ear plugs for your long ride. I've gotten semi-deaf after a few hours of riding with a SLP silencer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Actually, that happens on my Zr, but on his F5, the noise level is very low even when you get on it. I was surprised because mine is deafining from the seat.His is sweet and mellow.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've got the rumble pack from Sno-Stuff on my F7 and rode with it last weekend and it sounds awsome. When the valves kick in about 75 mph is when this thing comes alive. Have'nt heard any MBRP cans yet, but if they follow some of their other models they're tinny sounding. Good luck with it. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
You're absoutly right f7pilot, the B&B cans are tinny sounding but the new F5 ones are a totally different sound.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I hope you ride in an area that is not handing out fines for aftermarket exhaust. I also hope the land owners in the area like the sound as well, It sucks having trails close due to noise complaints.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I could actually hear him testing it from our house a half mile or so away when he would get on it. SWEET[/b]
Sweet. Hopefully you'll still have trails to ride on next year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes it is sweet and when they change the law the can comes off!!!!!!!!!! Till then ...chill. Thank You

·
Registered
614 Posts
Last year DEC was handing out tickets on our trail system for anything aftermarket on exaust. I live in the Adirodacks. They were even handing out the tickets to the guys with the trail friendly cans. I love the sound of aftermarket exaust, as long it is not to much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts