Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok My Buddie Nedds some Help
He has a 2003 Prox wiith about 1200 mile , he replaced the rear torqe
arm last year becuse the ome one broke now this thing ride like a major lumber wagon
a few of us trade rides last year when we were up in the UP he is more of a dedicared rider than anybody the way this thing rides

so does any one have any idea whats wrong ??

Thanks for your time Art

Rember THINK SNOW !!!!
]

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
how does he have the shock clickers set? spring tension? i loosened mine way up clickers on 0 spring on low rode great.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
clicker settings, spring preload, rear sissor stop settings . these are all questions I would ask the owner! All the 600~800 2003 and 2004 sleds ride firm but not harsh. I have no fear in landing after comming off a 6' high snow pile that the plows have left , this doesnt mean I am hitting it a 40 mph ... just enough to get well out from the pile but not out of controle fast . I have tried this on my 2001 xc 800 , not something I will be doing again anytime soon! if you could have the owner pull the slid frame out and get some picture of it maybe its not built right???? Atleast with the skid out you can take the shocks out and check them!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We check allof those items even on the low setting the suspention will not collapse far enough to even touch the coupling blocks we are out of ideas on this one

When the skids out of the sled it seems fine , but when in its rough ??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
its all greased I think he needs to :flush: down and start over I dont know we are just having a tough time figuring it out hopfully you guys will be able to come up with the solution

Thank Again Art

Remember THINK SNOW!!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I am guessing either the shock is upside down and clicker body is hitting trach (though it should have broke by now) or some thing is in the wrong holes. can you post some close up pics?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
what I just thought of. I think maybe he has the rear arm installed upside down. That would give a ton more preload on the springs. Infact if that is the trouble I bet the springs are now shot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts