Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall, I was happy with the sled. I have to make this quick, I am in a hurry.

600 miles and here are my observations:

1) I noticed that it seemed to push when trying to turn at slow speeds, but that has already been discussed.

2) The parking brake lock lever on the handle is missing, must have broke and fallen out at some point & time.

3) The handling was good, I'm especially happy with high speed bump performance.

4) I could only get 91 mph tops out of it. I checked the APV cables after I got home and found that the cables needed to be shortened just over 1/4". I hope that helps the top end mph. of the sled.

5) Headlamps seem to be too low, and there is no more adjustment to raise them.

6) After about 100 miles, the red light on the gauge cluster would flash when I was taking left turns. I'm assuming it is the low oil warning.... seems to sensitive.

That's all for now. If I think of anything else, I will post.
-John

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
John, glad you finally got out!

Are you going to try anything as far as skis or carbides to improve the front-end push?

Headlamps too low??? Did you try to gently push in on each light assembly while you turn the adjustment knobs clockwise? Makes it MUCH easier. I had to crank mine WAY up, but now they seem fine. -- Roy

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roy,

No, I think I am going to leave that alone. I had 6" carbides on it and it is really only noticable when you are trying to turn around something at very low speeds.

As far as the headlamp adjustment, it seemed to me while I was trying to adjust it was at the end of the adjustment and the knob(s) wouldn't turn any further. I'll try again....
-John

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, 1 other thing that is bothersom..... the ice buildup on the runningboards. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this problem?? I think I will start a new thread for answers.
-John

·
Registered
41 Posts
To eliminate ice on boards you should use the tools previously listed to put the punch outs on boards. I did it and it works great for traction as well as giving the ice and snow someplace to go rather than buildup. I think the posts for this had pictures. I will post pictures of mine if you like.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave,

Un-hook the cables from the servo motor and measure the amount of exposed cable.

If you know anyone with the 03 Performance Manual, it gives step by step instructions for this proceedure.
-John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts