Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well , then it was my turn 馃が Going up a hill , sled sudddenly lost power and startet sounding like crap. Killed it, and turning the primary I could turn it backwards but locks up solid when turning 1/4 turn forward.
To me this sounds like crank bearing failure?

To add insult to injury, sled came home in a rope behind a Doo 900 Turbo, lol!

Premium Member
20 850 Assault and 21 Indy XC 650 137
Oh no sorry to hear! Yeah most likely a crank bearing. The cage comes apart and the balls all end up next to each other. Hopefully this is towards the end of your season? Still have warranty?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 years, 3 months since I took delivery. Warranty here is 2 years but our consumer laws says 5 years for certain items
My sled was one of those affectedby the recall btw.

Hope to get at least 3 and even 4 more weeks of riding, but I think the sba is done for the season. Luckily I've got 2 backup / loaner sleds so I won't be stranded witout a ride.

Registered
Sorry to hear about your sled...BTW...Did you own a Triumph motorcycle years ago and were you a member on those Triumph bike forums ?...I remember an ivar there back then...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats correct :)

Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
I used to always a change pIstons at 2500 miles. I don鈥檛 keep them that long any more. However, changing pistons is a good idea to keep from blowing a motor. With a four year warranty, if you change pistons as part of your normal maintenance and then have any sort of a failure (crank, bearing, injector...) is the warranty voided?

Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
well , then it was my turn 馃が Going up a hill , sled sudddenly lost power and startet sounding like crap. Killed it, and turning the primary I could turn it backwards but locks up solid when turning 1/4 turn forward.
To me this sounds like crank bearing failure?

To add insult to injury, sled came home in a rope behind a Doo 900 Turbo, lol!
Sorry, for your luck. I believe they made some changes to the crankcase oil ports and added a ring to secure the PTO main bearing, but I'm sure you are already on top of that. Will you be getting a new crankcase?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there was an unfamiliar guy at the counter. Asking about mileage. me: "4k" "oh, thats a lot! - and have it never been serviced!?! Uh-oh!" 馃が They won't be able to look at it before tuesday. So, it wont be ready until next season... But, thats why we have backup/loaner sleds, lol!

They had the SBA in for 2+ months last year to check out the crankcase etc , but there were no mention of installing that securing ring

Premium Member
there was an unfamiliar guy at the counter. Asking about mileage. me: "4k" "oh, thats a lot! - and have it never been serviced!?! Uh-oh!" 馃が They won't be able to look at it before tuesday. So, it wont be ready until next season... But, thats why we have backup/loaner sleds, lol!

They had the SBA in for 2+ months last year to check out the crankcase etc , but there were no mention of installing that securing ring
Why were they checking the crankcase last year Ivar? Did they do something to cause this failure?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine were affected by the misplaced case sealant issue

Premium Member
UH OH! I see a potential dealer induced issue. I used to go to auto dealers on behalf of customers trying to find out why repeated warranty repairs kept failing. Always ended up it was caused by poor techs. My good friend ran the Hot Line with dealer techs at my auto company. He told me that some of them were idiots.

Registered
My 2019 850 pro rmk went down trail riding doing about 50km hour. Dealer is replacing motor. 2300km on it. Dealer did the case sealant Job at 160 km. Now IT turns out IT seized on pto cyl due to the injector seal going bad causing a lean condition

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Havent heard back from my dealer yet. I turned the engine some more by hand before bringing it in, locks up both ways at a certain point, like a ring catching a port

1 - 16 of 16 Posts