Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finaly got some pics of my compleated 04 prox r 600 completed. Origianaly I started with an 03 Prox 600. After trail riding it for a couple years I went to a 136 and raced some hill cross with it and trwisted the chassis at the last race at Spirit in 06. Than I converted it to race watercross and than converted it back to snow for one last season. The following spring I bought a 03 440 chassis from "Autolodge", and built it into a permanent watercross sled. After the 07 season was done I didn't feel like converting it back, because its just too much work.

So we bought an 04 proX R 440 from Northway Sports. This sled had about 3 years of racing under its belt. so it needed some TLC. every shock had to be re built which was done by Steve at DeyCore. He does incredable work and I would recomend him to anybody.

I swaped the track out with a new 1.25 ripsaw from Tracks USA for trail ridding I went thru the carbs and exhaust valves on the 440 motor and trail rode it as is for a couple rides.

After a few rides I just wanted more so I deciced to drop my 600 from my watercross sled into it. I swapped the V-Force reeds from the 440 into the 600 rejetted for winter with my Slp Twins. I kept the stock 440 secondary setup and I am running Slp MTX 65g weights with 1g inner rivet with a TI 165-310 primary spring.

I thought I'd try 21 41 gearing for now for the trail (stock 600 is 23 39) to keep some low end.

I'm running 450 460 mains (MN elev.) and set the neddle in the 3rd pos. It runs pretty good for now But could go leaner. Its kinda hard to tune rite now though because the temp is been so exteamly different from day to day lately. I noticed with these twins the SLp jetting chart is way off and If you are too rich its obviose rite away the sled wont hardy run. I started at 500 as per SLP, and I am now down to almost stock

The only real problem I've had is getting the stock 440 air box to fit. I swaped out the 440 boots with the boot from my 600 air box and I could not get it to fit. I had to use a dremal with the barrel sander and oblong the holes toward the seconday about 1/2 inch. This dosn't make any sence to me why I had to do this but I did and now it fits real good.

I used the coolant bottle from the 600 because I didn't want to discontinue the use of the bypass hose. I thing I'm going to next summer though on my watercross sled.

I installed my PowerMadd Hand gaurds and I decicdes to just remove the hinges from the hood so I could just take it off instead of fighting the hood around the hangaurds. The hood was a pain in the ass to begin with.

I also had to make a heat sheild for the couling on the hood because the mag side pipe going into the can melted thought the plastic. This was about the only option unless I wanted to build stingers or refit the pipe going into the can.

the sled rips prety good and I finaly can beet my dads stock 03 ProX 600 (showroom) , well out of the hole any ways. whith some more tunning I think I'll get it to be a little faster yet.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well of course i can't get the pics to work, It keeps telling me the file is to big and resizing the pic dosn't work

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out and here is some better pics, I hope, and this is what I started with[attachment=418153:racesleds007.jpg][attachment=418154:racesleds009.jpg] and this is what I've got now

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Good Looking Sled Bobby.

The '04 is a great chassis, yours looks super clean. Pipes look really good, you did a nice job.

I bet it rips.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tom Ya she rips pretty good we lost alot of snow a couple weeks ago and now its in the single didgits so I havn't felt like ridding her much latetly.
ANd Ya its clean now but I Don't think it was ever cleaned befor we got it. I needed to pull the motor just to clean the crap out. It doesnt help that my Dad rubs her down with a diaper ever time he goes into the garage.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wish the pipes still looked like this like the did when I first got them new this July. This it my watercross sled pictured

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 04 pro x r with a 700 ves motor in it. Will the same air box you have on your 600 motor work on my 700 motor? Just need to figure out what air box to put on it so i don`t have to use pod filters! thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 04 pro x r with a 700 ves motor in it. Will the same air box you have on your 600 motor work on my 700 motor? Just need to figure out what air box to put on it so i don`t have to use pod filters! thanks[/b]
a prox 7 or 800 air box should work, you would just have to cut an angle out of the back corner like the 440 air box, than seal it up some how. Or a 440 air box may work with some modifacations for the700 boots.

i croped this so kinda show ya
[attachment=421394:airbox_crop.jpg]

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
did you buy this sled form northway or do work there or sponsored by them? just noticed the northway sticker and think i know whos sled that was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts