Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... i am going to race a buddy's new 800 xp this weekend... i am not sure if he is stock or not but i have v force 3 reeds, a can, some clutching and a 1.375 track with 96 1.5 pick's. he wants to bet some cash on it before we even go riding... i am sure his sled will eventualy pull just because it's bigger 700 to 800 but shouldn't i be able to pull out of the hole till around 70 or 80 mph ??? what do you guys think will happen... i blow the doors off other 700's that some other friends have and even other 800's...i think my sled was built on a tuesday or wednesday because it just seems to go compared to some other f7's i've raced.. i beat my buddy's last year bad everytime ... will update after this weekend...

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
The F7 guy will tell you the F7 wins, the XP guy will tell you the XP will rape you. Just line um up and race and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Most people will say if you want to better your odds put your stock can back on. He's likely got a smaller lug track so he's gonna top end ya for sure.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
if racing for money make the race no more than 1000ft. your big track will not keep up with the xp after that..but let us know what happens after 1000ft.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
What happens in the f7 vs. xp race assuming both sleds are strong is the F7 plays catchup and will top end the xp in a long run. Your track is going to kill you, Xp's will do 111-112(their speedo's read 10mph high so don't believe anything higher then that). If you had a 1" lug you could win, with the SP track your in trouble even if he's running a 1.25". I'd think with the 1.375, the shorter the run the more chance you have, but thats where Xp's are thier strongest as well. Mess with his clutch clickers when he's not looking.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
From what I have been reading on Dootalk most of the 8's are having trouble getting over 100 seems most are getting 110 - 115 on speedo but barely 100 on gps and the gun.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
What happens in the f7 vs. xp race assuming both sleds are strong is the F7 plays catchup and will top end the xp in a long run. Your track is going to kill you, Xp's will do 111-112(their speedo's read 10mph high so don't believe anything higher then that). If you had a 1" lug you could win, with the SP track your in trouble even if he's running a 1.25". I'd think with the 1.375, the shorter the run the more chance you have, but thats where Xp's are thier strongest as well. Mess with his clutch clickers when he's not looking.[/b]
Gear the 03 up & clutch it properly, throw on a 1" track with 153 studs, run him on ice and smoke his arse IMO. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
well only seen one XP in my travels so far. On plowed ice at about a distance of 2000 feet was reading on the GPS 104-105mph. There was a 2006 F7 with about 150 miles on it that was hitting 114mph on GPS in same distance. Never lined them up side by side but read into that what you will. BTW the XP carries the ski's high in the air the whole distance of the track....at 10 for cool looking but a 0 for top end speed!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
well only seen one XP in my travels so far. On plowed ice at about a distance of 2000 feet was reading on the GPS 104-105mph. There was a 2006 F7 with about 150 miles on it that was hitting 114mph on GPS in same distance. Never lined them up side by side but read into that what you will. BTW the XP carries the ski's high in the air the whole distance of the track....at 10 for cool looking but a 0 for top end speed!![/b]
Yep, said that before. The XP skis were 2 feet in the air but it didn't make it go faster.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Also, where are all the XP videos??

·
Registered
827 Posts
04 F7, 1 " track, 2.5 key, bmp pipe mod, fuel reducer, 170- 1.325, ods clutch kit , thats what i brought to the xp show and when it was all done at the end i was looking back at him, 40-80 xp very stong, f7 just as strong, 80 on lights out, a good F7 will run with the XP, on the big end , the old F7 will get away, but in the short run you will have nothing for them, but it is a 800 and a good one so unless you have a distance to run dont talk to much, and with the 1-3/8 track it very well be a different story. If AC would give us a 800 as strong and close to as light we could let go of the old F7S. ARTIC CAT ARE YOU LISTENING.?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
If AC would give us a 800 as strong and close to as light we could let go of the old F7S. ARTIC CAT ARE YOU LISTENING.?[/b]
NO, they aren't! LOL!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm a F7 fanatic and I raced two xp so far. If you take both sled from the crate, the xp will kill the f7...It's all normal 152 hp vs 140hp in a lighther body. It takes a good running f7 to beat an XP800...I won all my races against them by a lot of sled but my f7 runs very stong...And yes they seem to have a lot of problem on top end...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i hear ya on the 800 thing....plans may have changed...it's going to be - 43 c this weekend so i think we are going to race next weekend...but i will keep this up to date and i am going to video tape it so i hope i can load it on hear...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts