Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if the mx style helmets will be warm enough if you woke up and it was 10 degrees and you were going down the trail would you be warm enough with a no fog mask.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've ridden MX Style up to -20 with -40 windchill in minnesota. As long as you get your skin covered up you are fine. Frostbite is the real risk...not warmth. Your head generates plenty of heat to keep you warm in any helmet. if it is under 30, I wear a no-fog, which protects below the eyes. if it gets under 10 or 0 F, I will put a piece of race tape (colored duct tape, across my forehead over my balaclava(very thin version).

Just gotta have the right gear.... no-fog, thin bala, and a roll of duct tape of course!!

it is way better than the other helmets...once you get used to it, it is impossible to go back.

kj

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,442 Posts
I have to agree with you KJ I have both styles and my new Cat full face is still sitting in the box. I got 2 small spots of frost bite on my face just to the left of my left eye and to the right of my right eye. That was because my balaclava was pulled to far back and that skin was showing. Mind you it was -35 below and we were out on the local river and we all had them pinched ! I can't see how I would ever go back to a standard full face
Flash and Flare

·
Registered
82 Posts
i was in tug hill a few weeks ago. had my mx helmet,woke up to -5 one morning. the high for the day was 15.didn't get cold at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts