Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor took in his F7 in for all the updates on Friday the 10th. He had sucked in his mud flap in last week and asked the dealer if they would warrenty this. The dealer called Cat and responded they would warrenty this. Thought I would let you guys that had problems know this. Les....

·
Registered
7 Posts
well, its really a design flaw. every one that i have seen come in for sevice and updats have chewed up SNOWFLAPS (if your using it as a mud flap you shouldnt own a sled) actic cat has not really given a straight answer on wether they are going to warrenty the flaps or now, but its most likly a no. the materiak is too flimsy, i would suggest a strap from around the bumper rivited to the snowflap.

S

·
0 Posts
Only if your riding your sled in the MUD LOL ;) ;) :lol: It's a snow flap and depending on your dealer about the warenty I would sugest putting on the strap from the rear bumper to the "snow flap'

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree that strap solves the problem. but anyway is this warranted or not? Just called to my dealer in here is europe and he just suggested to shorter the flap. :p

I will call to the importer company to get correct answer, that do I get new flap. B)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I heated up the bottom 3" edge with a heat gun and formed it so that it is just shy of a 90 degree angle. Probably 75-80 degrees.
So far so good, haven't suck it up yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts