Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
yes it's pretty sad. still a pretty decent snow base in the county just have to brave the bumps.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
We were in Stockholm for last week when that announcement was made and my buddy was livid. He said they were calling it "for safety" and he said that's bullsheet. The fact is they don't want tourism. They don't want people from other areas to visit and that is not a bad stand to make if you think of it. Just get out and ride bumps like the old days and pack your lunch and fuel. Still a few weeks or more left 'Nocket and north.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Trust me the county wants tourism they are always friendly and welcoming. They did shut down for safety reasons. They hate it as much as the rest of us do. Trust me they would rather be open and busy and making money then closed and doing nothing.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Im sure its probably about keeping people out of the lodging environment more than anything.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just got back yesterday from the Northern Door Inn in Fort Kent. Believe me when I tell you there is plenty of season left up there and I'm sure they aren't happy about what's going on. I dont know if there will be any chance for us all this year but I know for a fact our group is returning next year because it was just an incredible weekend up there. Even on friday with the rain we were still able to have a fantastic time.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Trust me the county wants tourism they are always friendly and welcoming. They did shut down for safety reasons. They hate it as much as the rest of us do. Trust me they would rather be open and busy and making money then closed and doing nothing.
Of course they want tourism, but they don't want Covid-19! I know they want tourism, you kidding me?

·
Registered
629 Posts
So with this little fresh drop of white gold .... any confirmation to the rumor that Millinocket and Rangeley are still grooming?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Chaz Michael Michael, I doubt if any club is going to pick it back up. Two factors at play. One is that people from high population areas could bring the virus with them. The second is that the AFL-CIO is forcing the State to keep the Wardens at home. That's part of The Governors publicity stunt to open up fishing early and not require a license.....

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
So with this little fresh drop of white gold .... any confirmation to the rumor that Millinocket and Rangeley are still grooming?

Jo-Mary groomed Sat & Sun nights. Twin Pines is done. Timber Cruisers didn't groom much this year. East Millinocket is done, Ebeemee & Wildwoods are done. I suspect that Jo-Mary will call it as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Really the wardens are staying home,,,,,lol,,lol. Need more confirmation
...! Contacted the warden office and the trails are open recommended not to run the trails because of no grooming. But they are open.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep ranagley is closed. I wonder if jo Mary or Pittston farms will groom again. Was hoping to get out for one last ride

·
Registered
140 Posts
Chaz Michael Michael, I doubt if any club is going to pick it back up. Two factors at play. One is that people from high population areas could bring the virus with them. The second is that the AFL-CIO is forcing the State to keep the Wardens at home. That's part of The Governors publicity stunt to open up fishing early and not require a license.....

Not a publicity stunt. Maine generally opens up fishing early whenever they can. I've been a Maine Guide since the 1970s and have seen early fishing happen a lot.

Also. A lot of folks in Rangeley are pretty pissed off at snowmobilers this winter. The local IGA was wiped out of a lot of items last week. According to some of the IGA employees, snowmobilers came in and cleaned out all the paper goods and bread.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
They could have put a limit on items.
Just playing devils advocate. I live in a resort area also. Same worry.

·
Registered
104 Posts
All trails and motels in the county are open, Fast, N Smooth, trails is what I heard today from friends up there,
Heading up Friday. Got the grill in the trailer all ready and heat.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
They could have put a limit on items.
Just playing devils advocate. I live in a resort area also. Same worry.
That’s what happened here. I live in York. When all of this started, all of the summer residents bailed out of Mass ,NY and Ct and came up here to escape the madness. They literally wiped out the grocery stores when they got here. And they’re still doing it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts