Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok running into problems with pipe being real tight. Where did you mount the servo and probably just going to mount the starter coil where the computer used to be.

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
On my friend's 05, we mounted the servo and something else behind the motor (backwards towards the rider) on a custom made bracket. We were able to keep the stock PV cables too.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
first one i did. i mounted the servo near the engine.on the one i have right now i kept it at the same location as the 440 and used the 440 apv cables because they are longer. wen i had my f6 engine in my other one i had to den my stock pipe in the fat part were the frame is close. one way to avoid this is usin an after market pipe. i foud that the d&d sinple as alot more clearance then stock hope this helps

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a BMP after market pipe so I really don't want to put a dent in it. Thinking about making a bracket to mount infront of the gas tank where all the electrics were mounted before. There should be just enough room then for the pipe. Also have to cut a bigger hole in the belly ban for the can to fit in. And I moved the sterring post up 1" on the botttom side and it just clears by a 1/8" from hitting the fuel rail. Now just waiting for the gas tank to get here and mount the fuel pump and hok that up and all the wires to the handle bars and hood. Question about that. The hood just has a male and female end and the 700 wiring has a 3 end and the big 6 end I beleive. Didn't look at that part to much. Figuring I have to find the headlight wires and hook just them up. Theres more than just dropping this motor in and going. Lots of little stuff nothing major though. Did go out and ride on some M series sleds after the 7 hours of working on mine. So little relief.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have a BMP after market pipe so I really don't want to put a dent in it. Thinking about making a bracket to mount infront of the gas tank where all the electrics were mounted before. There should be just enough room then for the pipe. Also have to cut a bigger hole in the belly ban for the can to fit in. And I moved the sterring post up 1" on the botttom side and it just clears by a 1/8" from hitting the fuel rail. Now just waiting for the gas tank to get here and mount the fuel pump and hok that up and all the wires to the handle bars and hood. Question about that. The hood just has a male and female end and the 700 wiring has a 3 end and the big 6 end I beleive. Didn't look at that part to much. Figuring I have to find the headlight wires and hook just them up. Theres more than just dropping this motor in and going. Lots of little stuff nothing major though. Did go out and ride on some M series sleds after the 7 hours of working on mine. So little relief.[/b]
Headlight switch in brake lever or that stand alone switch on the plastic piece which is attached to the hood, around the steering column? If ya got the stand alone one you're good with regular AC power (yellow and black) for the hood. Cut 'n' splice some salvage connectors.

Look into the possibility to cut the Y-pipe at the downside, like an inch from the flange. Cut the both pipe parts, on the down half of them. Bend the Y-pip downwards and weld it back together. This will twist the pipe a little forward for a little better clearance.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey Jay I thought you would have that thing going by now! got any pics of your progress? Oh ya what do you mean you are waiting for a tank?!!!!! You didnt keep 1 for yourself? Keep wrenchin you'll get it done!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope sold it cause I thought I would have the adapter I have sold. Never sold it so I sold my tank in that time and now I need one to put this adapter back on. I don't have time for cutting the manifold right now otherwise I would think about that way. Ya I haven't had time to work on the sled. Finally got to go back to work begining of November and been working 70 hrs a week or so and sled is in Iowa so haven't had a chance till this past weekend to wrench on her. Coming along good though. Just little stuff to do now. Pictures are coming. Waiting for my buddy to send them to me. I forgot my camera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts