Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that this has been answered before but i couldn't find it in the search so.... i found a set of side coolers for my 05 440 and i know that there is a trick to get them to fit on the tunnel and i need to know so when i get the coolers here i can put them on. if you have tips, good ways to do it and pics of you putting them on your sled i would really appreciate you posting them up for me and anyone else that wants to know how to.

thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
check out pages 9,10,13, and maybe others in the pinned thread at the top. good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
i know that this has been answered before but i couldn't find it in the search so.... i found a set of side coolers for my 05 440 and i know that there is a trick to get them to fit on the tunnel and i need to know so when i get the coolers here i can put them on. if you have tips, good ways to do it and pics of you putting them on your sled i would really appreciate you posting them up for me and anyone else that wants to know how to.

thanks[/b]
if you have already bought the side coolers that is good but what i did was take the rear cooler from an 02 and and mount it on top of the air box right under the hood, then took the coolant line that went to the heads, ran it to the cooler and then back to the heads, and i just rode in 35 degree weather with no problems, i got the idea from someone on here

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you have already bought the side coolers that is good but what i did was take the rear cooler from an 02 and and mount it on top of the air box right under the hood, then took the coolant line that went to the heads, ran it to the cooler and then back to the heads, and i just rode in 35 degree weather with no problems, i got the idea from someone on here[/b]
i thought of that but it was too late the tunnel is already cut for the firecat rear cooler which i got too.

anyone else?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thoght that you have to heat them up and bend them to the angle of the tunnel is that true? if so how easy is it? do they crack easly? could you have them welded if they did crack?

thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just heat them up at the bend. Not to hot to peel the paint but keep heating it with a torch and bend them over. Start off bolting or riveting up to the bend and then heat the bend spot up and push it over and then rivet it or bolt it up quick. Before installing them heat the ends up and bend them flat so they go under the bumper if you have the 04 rear bumper

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just heat them up at the bend. Not to hot to peel the paint but keep heating it with a torch and bend them over. Start off bolting or riveting up to the bend and then heat the bend spot up and push it over and then rivet it or bolt it up quick. Before installing them heat the ends up and bend them flat so they go under the bumper if you have the 04 rear bumper[/b]
i have a bumper off my 03 f7 that i fixed. so all i have to do is:

1. cut the hole in the foot well for it to go through

2. drill the holes in the tunnel

3. bolt the front part to the tunnel

4. heat at the bend till its and the tunnel and put rivets in quick

then bend the end flat? what do you mean?

thanks

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
i never even heated mine up, found it didnt help much. i just riveted it to the tunnel up until the bend then used big c-clamps to clamp it up against the tunnel while i riveted it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts