Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at getting either a Digatron or Avenger system to moniter my EGT. Which of these would you go with? I like the avenger because the windows are side by side. What do you use and how do you like it? How do they mount up on a sled? Could I get some pics of what you have?

I also saw pyro's and they are circular, how do you mount with the seperate single gauge holders on a prox? any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Avenger no question. Far better as far as fit and finish, looks, durability, and ease of use. We have ours mounted to a plate I fabb'ed up from alluminum(sp) mounted between the top of the riser block and the bars.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could you post a few pics of how yours is mounted? that would be great if you could do that for me. Thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
I say digatron, works better in my opinion and you can hook up to a comp at look at what your sled is doing and even graph it. It also comes with a mount bracket to hook up to your riser or steering column. Looks sweet and service is excellent. Prices are pretty much the same i just feel that digtron does more for the money thats why i bought it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just got a great deal on a 4 window Digatron. Like Hyflyr said you can hook it to your computer, also download any upgrades they have. Their service is great and very helpful. You just get a lot more with the Digatron.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have digatron and really like it,i got the weld in bungs and i am glad cause two guys i know have the clamp on style and they have broke numerous times.try to get a pic for ya.

·
Registered
846 Posts

I mounted it to the hood rather than the bars. My riser is tall enough so that in a roll-over the digatron never touches the ground (I have first hand experience testing that lol).

·
Registered
942 Posts
i have a used digitron for sale? it has windows for RPM/EGT and EGT and EGT. so you can run 3 EGT on triple or run RPM/EGT/EGT. i have 4 probes as well. one 90 deg and 3 straight.
i wanna say it is a 1998 model used 1999-2001 on my zrt 600 for speed runs. has two studs in rear to mount. i used a piece of stainless .50 inch by .125 inch strap shaped as an L and mounted above spedo/tach. has instructions and wire harness. $515 in SLP catalog . will sell for $255.00 for all plus ship. paypal.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was looking on snowest and i can get a new 2 screen digatron with egt egt and something else for $251 brand new, including probes and mounting hardware. ripperd, what did you use to mount it to the hood? i kinda like how that is, but whats holding it? i think im going digatron.

·
Registered
942 Posts
HPE in their catalog has a 2 display for $430 and a 3 display(mine) for $515. the tach is $289? mine is a memory and playback unit and lit for night use. optional inputs are thumb mount switch and jackshaft rpm. this is a pro unit. race quality sensors. Racepack avenger single display is like $314 with 3 inputs no probes incl. probes are $60. 3 display is $410.00.

i will look at snowest. i like the looks of that unit. the price seems way low??? :dunno: mine is much larger.

anyone have an interest?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Talk to F-bomb on snowest, he will hook you up with killer prices on digatron.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
at http://www.digatrondirect.com/ click on snowmobiles and im looking at the dual display EGT/EGT only, but thats still has backlight on it but doesnt have datalogging. has max temp recall. thats all im looking for and is perfect. i just want to watch my exhaust temps. so why spend more than i have to

·
Registered
587 Posts
i sell these kits....

·
Registered
883 Posts
Looks like a bulky set up to me, i wouldnt want to land from a jump a little forward on the sled with that thing stiking out there if ou know what i mean. :help:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Originally posted by HYFLYR@Oct 4 2005, 10:31 PM
Looks like a bulky set up to me, i wouldnt want to land from a jump a little forward on the sled with that thing stiking out there if ou know what i mean.  :help:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=909193
[/quote]
ive got over 8,000 miles on this sled and never not liked the gauge position. if you mount aftermarket gauges to the dash you have to stand up and look down to see them, with this setup, you can see the display wether your sitting or standing, plus theres a red light that flashes when a custom set limit is reached, (i.e. egt, rpm, etc) i mostly trail ride, so landing big jumps isnt really a big deal.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
id like mine mounted infront of the bars and thats alright fi i have to lean over a little to see them. I really like the hood mounted one. ditchbangin, how far out does that mount stick out from the handlebars? looks like it would smoke me in the chest hard if i ever hit something and went up against the bars, actually done that a few times jumping. i think infront of the bars or on the hood is the best for me. How is that one on the hood mounted?

·
Registered
587 Posts
ive never hit it, it only hangs out about 2". the probe wires are fed through the riser block and then under the hood. i will get more pics tomorrow. from the sides, etc. two things to consider, 1 when you roll the sled and your 5-700 dollar racepak is mounted to the hood, it is unprotected, the way i have this mounted it is below the top of the bars, more likely to survive...besides that dinky little handlebar pad doesnt really do much to protect your chest... if slammin your chest into something is what your worried about you should probably invest in a tekvest instead...

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Ditchbangin, the way you ride,you dont have TIME to look at the gauges anyway.Your grenaded 800 motor proved that !!!! :frech11:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts