Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend and I are heading to Big Horn Mtns in Wyoming. We have found it very difficult to get straight answers to our clutching and jetting questions, as we live in Wisconsin. Will be sledding in 7-9000 ft of elevation. Do not intend to stray off the trails much to do powder jumping.....do i need to do anything to the f-7? Obviously its an EFI, but is there anything I should tweak. Clutching o.k. if I stay on hardpack? Eleveation doesn't effect clutching does it? Will I hurt the motor if I do not re-clutch.

Finally, have only 40 miles on sled. Still some premix and breaking in to be done. Is that a problem? Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You will want to change the weights in your clutch and most likely the gearing. The first time I went to Wyoming to ride (I am from Iowa) I changed the weights in my ZR500 and thought that I did not need to because I planned on only staying on the trail. Well, once you are there, I would guess you will do some off-trail riding. It is a lot more fun than riding on the trail. Clutching is affected by elevation since the clutch is calibrated to match the power of the engine. You lose power in higher elevations, therefore you need to clutch accordingly.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I went to the Big Horns In Dec. and all I changed was the weights to 56.0 grams. I used Polaris weights because the Cat ones are on backorder. :angry: I also have a friend that went their last week and all he did was change the weights too. He did mostly off trail riding. I did not have any problems with a lack of power so I do not think you will have to gear down.

·
Registered
348 Posts
By the way I ride an F7. The part # for the Polaris weights is 1056.

Have fun. :) :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts