Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Krom mentioned that there is a rope used in mountain climbing or somthing and that it doesn't fray or break. What is it called, what size do I use, and how long do I need? I am guessing I can get this at a mountain climbing store? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, It is called "Specta 5.5", it is rated at I think 5,000 lbs. I started using it last year on my D&D 1010 and it worked great so I put it in my F7.

·
Registered
242 Posts
For anybody in the Metro Detroit area or Lansing area, Moosejaw mountaineering has 4 colors @ $.40 per foot. Phone number is (248) 203-7777. They are located on Woodward in Birmingham and in Lansing.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I just picked up some 5mm Sterling climbing rope from my local EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) and it too, looks like a very strong high quality rope. And only thirty-five cents a foot! -- Roy

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Roy,

I'm planning to bring my sled to the dealer for the 'update' soon and I figured I can give them the rope to install. What I am wondering is what length I need to provide them with.... And size, 5mm? Thanks!
-John

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ok guys, I'm gonna' get the rope. How about some info on how to install it. Some brief notes would help. TIA

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need seven feet of it. When installing, remove the exhaust can by removing the 4 bolts. Untie the knot at the handle and put the rope through the dash, tie another knot so it can't go back into the recoil. Remove the recoil and put in on the bench. Remove the nut in the center and the whole thing will then unwind. Pay attention to which way the rope is wound ect. Sorry if this isn't very precise...Also there might be an easier way that I'm not familiar with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts