Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I love my stomper boots, and they have held up well, but I have been reading not so much complimentary things as of late.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I don't think it matters as they operate independently. My issue with motorfist is the brand image. The way they market it. D bags wear motorfist Really because of eVent material they are only brand that can compete with goretex gear which is exclusive to Klim

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I haven't seen anything new come out of them for awhile...

I'm a cat tard and wear fxr... mostly because I get a discount from isoc on it. Klim is awesome gear but the price tag. ouch.

·
Registered
19,937 Posts
Imo they would be out of business if it weren’t for cat. Their quality sucks for the price they are trying to get. It would not surprise me if textron kills it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm not sure most are aware they are owned by Cat or textron now. I've been happy with my gear from them - bought mostly on clearance - but it does seem like they've gone quiet on the snow side at least.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I'm not sure most are aware they are owned by Cat or textron now. I've been happy with my gear from them - bought mostly on clearance - but it does seem like they've gone quiet on the snow side at least.

I agree... I haven't had one bit of a problem with their gear (boots, jacket, bibs), got it all one clearance. I did have Klim before, never had a problem with them either other than their gloves. Than again a lot of gloves seem to not work as effectively.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I have never met a pair of Klim gloves I have liked. My Motorfists are way better if it weren't for the fact they are wearing out quickly. Hopefully the BPS purchase of Cabela's didn't ruin their gloves as they were the last good pair I have had.

Motorfist pants/jackets on clearance are awesome.

·
Registered
19,937 Posts
Imo they would be out of business if it weren’t for cat. Their quality sucks for the price they are trying to get. It would not surprise me if textron kills it.
The quality was good before the buyout, and so was the customer service.
My coat was bought just before the buy it out. It has been back 3 times for zippers and looks like it is a 100 years old. A 10 dollar Walmart coat is made better. I have never had a coat that has had more warranty claims than 3 snowmobiles.

·
Registered
'20 ZR8000 Ltd
3,366 Posts
Zipper on mine is going strong three (or four , cant remember) years in. As mentioned buy on clearance cause its pricey.

The one time I had to deal with them they were awesome. Long story short, I bought a coat from a vendor online (previous year model) and it wasnt the same color it appeared online when I received it. Motorfist (not who I bought it from) replaced it with a current model so I'd be happy with the color. Pretty good customer service if you ask me!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Like I said if you want the best performing coat you have 2 choices
motorfist - eVent material
klim - goretex

all the other brands are not even close for serious protection from the elements

1 - 18 of 18 Posts