Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first mx style helmet last week and tried it this past weekend. comparing to an a/c txi

conditions: o degrees f and somewhat windy

much colder but I knew that
on the lake heading into the wind it was very painfull
much louder...at 100 the noise is a little silly

much much lighter my neck didnt hurt after the weekend
awesome vision
went to the golf course to mess around in the powder and to get some air and was sweating
in the tight trails I was pretty warm too

all in all I love the helmet and will be perfect 25 degrees and above

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
If you get the right gear it won't be any colder. First and foremost, get a GOOD pair of goggles. I use Oakley. Second, get a no-fog mask. You will not fog with this combination under ANY circumstance. I put the no-fog mask on first, then a head cover or face mask. Work it so the beak of the no-fog sticks out. I can ride when it's 20 below and not be cold with that combination.

Cat S.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have both and was still cold. Mostly cheeks below the goggles and forehead above the goggles

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Seen one guy with a MX style helmit last weekend, He had so much duct tape around the opening I could not see any advantage.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I will never go back to a conventional snowmobile helmet............. i love the motorcross style. you can see a lot more and you can hear everything that is going on. the only downfall is of course the cold. I use a Gator mask and i am just fine no matter how cold it gets.

·
Registered
395 Posts
:p I've always worn one, can't use other styles due to reduced field of vision. I use a barclava underneath a No Fog mask. Only once in a great while does wind get in between the goggles and clava, mostly occurs lake running. Small price to pay for increased vision and reduced weight. B)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i thought i would try one so i did found out it was not good for speed over 60 the wind noise was very bad !!! in the woods it's great or any speed below 60 . as for the cold yes much colder im going to stay with my full face much warmer :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey man thats the only way to go, i have ridden with one for 5 years now and i will never go back, mcgrath replica and spy goggles

·
Registered
17 Posts
The mx style is great but you must use a no fog mask. I have wore mine in minus 10 with no problems. My buddy with an mx helmet without a no fog frost bite at 15 degrees

1 - 14 of 14 Posts