Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor is toast in my sled - crank, pistons, and cylinders. Anyways, I want to begin researching for a swap to be purchased and put in next fall.

1. What year motors would bolt right in and work in my 01 ProX? (I'm guessing any Edge/Liberty motor).
2. If I swap a 600 for 600, is their any difference between an '99 to '05 600 VES motor - Electronics, carbs, pipe, airbox, etc.
3. If I switch year motors, what are all the components I need to consider when making a buy.
4. Anything else?

Any feedback and assistance is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I would try to find a complete big block 700 motor. You'll need everything; cdi harness, carbs, pipe...but its a superior motor if you ask me to the small blocks...again IMO. Just have to move the motor mounts over to the wider set of holes...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Like the previous post said---- just about everything!!! Carbs, jets, CDI, motor mounts, pipe, even things like matching up the proper gearing and clutch work needs to be taken seriously!! (speaking from experience) If that is what you want to do is go from the small block 600 to the big block 700 than that all of thee above would need doing!! Also consider the cost to rebuild the motor vs. swaping the motor. Sometimes it works out cheaper to rebuild than swap. (carbs and CDI gets alittle expensive!) Make sure you do your homework and good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
If I have to rebuild mine again I would try to find a newer 600 engine so that I could get PERC. I ride with a 700 Pro-X all the time, and I could'nt see myself going out of the my way to get one. They don't do anything that much better than a good running 600 except for when we get to the lake. Fuel milage is roughly the same for both engines so I guess the 700 gets the nod there, who would'nt want a few more ponies for the same amount of gas. But on a smallblock you never have to worry about water pump belts, and you can change the pull cord with out pulling the engine half way out of the sled. I know that those are minor points to bitch about, but hey you've got to weigh all of the pros and cons.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If I have to rebuild mine again I would try to find a newer 600 engine so that I could get PERC. I ride with a 700 Pro-X all the time, and I could'nt see myself going out of the my way to get one. They don't do anything that much better than a good running 600 except for when we get to the lake. Fuel milage is roughly the same for both engines so I guess the 700 gets the nod there, who would'nt want a few more ponies for the same amount of gas. But on a smallblock you never have to worry about water pump belts, and you can change the pull cord with out pulling the engine half way out of the sled. I know that those are minor points to bitch about, but hey you've got to weigh all of the pros and cons.[/b]

Hey if you are happy with the power and performance of the 600 than stick with it!!! Like you said, it would be nice to get the newer updated 600 motor. However---if you want reverse than more than likely you will need a TEAM roller clutch off of a 03 or newer pro X setup. These clutches helixes have the reverse helix stock. (I am assuming that you have a p-85 or p-90 secondary) After that it is time to do alittle shopping on Ebay for reverse and throw it in and enjoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts