Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,984 Posts
I'm going to have to look at my mounts and see what kind of shape they're in. Hopefully they're still good, but now that I'm over 1500 miles ... and considering the vibration I felt all week ... I'm really wondering. I was going to call Indy Dan to schedule a clutch balance job, but I'll look at the mounts first.

My only major complaint about the 800 HO ... vibration. At least when compared to my buddies and the other brands. They all vibrate at idle, but my Assault (as well as my Pro-X from 2016) still vibrated more than the Cat & Doo 800's in our group.
Sissy:thumbsup: Want to ride my Harley?

Attachments

Reactions: Bontz

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Racerdave, thats a nice looking Glide, but at least move the cardboard with oil drips before you put up a pic! (Sorry, couldn't resist) I got one that will leave a drip if I don't keep after it. Evo, base gasket, pretty common.

·
Premium Member
2021 Matryx VR1 850 137 Storm
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The reason our Polaris sleds vibrate is the inferior motor mounts. Ever look at the size of the Doo mounts? Much better design. If Polaris were to double the size of the mounts, vibration would be cut in half. It's all about surface area.

·
Registered
17,018 Posts
Racerdave, thats a nice looking Glide, but at least move the cardboard with oil drips before you put up a pic! (Sorry, couldn't resist)
its just marking its territory :D

·
Premium Member
2021 VR1 850 137" 2016 SB 800 Pro-S 136"
4,528 Posts
Are the Stroker Customs mounts just the new 2018 mounts? They look like it.

I looked at the mounts on my 2016 Axys Pro-S 800 Switchback last night. MY PTO side mounts look just like the newer 2018 mounts. The MAG side mounts were of the older design.

My 2015 Axys vs. 2016 Axys mounts should have been the same P/N - but the design between the two years for the PTO side are clearly of a different design.

·
Premium Member
2021 Matryx VR1 850 137 Storm
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Are the Stroker Customs mounts just the new 2018 mounts? They look like it.

I looked at the mounts on my 2016 Axys Pro-S 800 Switchback last night. MY PTO side mounts look just like the newer 2018 mounts. The MAG side mounts were of the older design.

My 2015 Axys vs. 2016 Axys mounts should have been the same P/N - but the design between the two years for the PTO side are clearly of a different design.

I looked at them very closely. My opinion is that they are they '18 PTO side motor mounts from Polaris. Part #

MOUNT, ENGINE INSERT RAD, PTO
Options: Old Sku: 3022697
Item #3023290
$11.05
$88.40
He just puts them on both sides to prevent movement and last longer. I ordered 4 of the PTO mounts from an online Polaris parts retailer. They look identical to what I purchased from Stroker Customs. Got to give the guy some credit...he did figure it out 1st.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys. The guy from stroker told me he was using close to 15 pro mounts on 16 except pto side. He has stopped making kits. Are you saying you used 4 pto side 18 mounts on all 4 and i works good? Been looking into this

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just switched over to the Stroker Customs mounts on my 16 Pro S LE. All four in the kit match the longer ones which I think are the PTO side. No problems whatsoever with fit. Actually, it should probably be this way from the factory...

...and yes, mine were $107 shipped to PA.

·
Registered
17,018 Posts
thanks guys , so if I order 4 of the 3023290's I'll be fine for my hand numbing '15 600 ?
#20 in the pic below

·
Registered
823 Posts
Guess I'm going with Dura-Pro mounts ..

No way am I getting on that for a part I can buy elsewhere

·
Registered
823 Posts
So 2018 models have better mounts....My 18 has vibration at idle but smooths out when riding?
I have a complete set (OEM) for 2017 model Assault RMK with new Torque Arm if anyone wants them . Not free PM me ..

I check every year and it's not worth the time .. new sled on it's way in a month

·
Registered
Switchback Assault 800
881 Posts
So 2018 models have better mounts....My 18 has vibration at idle but smooths out when riding?
I don't think the vibration is very bad at all on my 18

·
Registered
2021 SBA Matryx 146
313 Posts
Looking into replacing my mounts. I've got some good vibration at idle. I read thru this thread and it says to get 4 of the PTO side (3023290) mounts. Why is the MAG side a different P/N? Are they the same size?
Currently have a '17 SBA and below are P/Ns for '18. The 17's part numbers are crossed out and replaced with the 18's below..

-2MOUNT-ENGINE INSERT RAD MAG
-20MOUNT-ENGINE INSERT RAD PTO

21 - 40 of 77 Posts