Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of motor mounts from Stroker Customs out of Colorado for my new sled. I saw these on the ALL AXYS page on Face Book. As many of you are aware, the stock mounts allow too much engine movement and sack out after only 1 season of riding. These are supposed to solve that issue and last. I took some comparison pics for you to see. These should solve engine alignment issues caused by worn mounts. The rubber durometer is much denser than stock.
1st pic.:Stock on the right.
2nd pic: Stock on the bottom.
3rd: Stock...easily deformed.
4th: Much more resistant to deformation.

Easy to replace with clutch and exhaust removed. Took 15 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I'll be in line for a set next season, please let us know how they hold up and if you get anymore vibration through the bars?

Curious on price also, I was considering new stock mounts and the SLP torque arm.

·
Registered
16,873 Posts
I think it was $86 shipped on their facebook page...?

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just checked my mounts after 1028 miles and they are starting to show sighns of wear loading up and heading to dealer for warranty
Those are the exhaust side mounts. Replace them with the part number for the clutch side mounts. They are much stiffer and don't flex like these do.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Just checked my mounts after 1028 miles and they are starting to show sighns of wear loading up and heading to dealer for warranty
Those are the exhaust side mounts. Replace them with the part number for the clutch side mounts. They are much stiffer and don't flex like these do.
going to get them ordered asap are they a bitch to change

·
Premium Member
2021 VR1 850 137" 2016 SB 800 Pro-S 136"
4,493 Posts
Including time to take the muffler off, you can do the MAG side in about 10-15 minutes.

The PTO side is easy as well, I have electric start so I had to pull the Primary clutch off. If you don't have electric start, I think you can get out that mount w/o removing the Primary clutch...

I left the secondary on as the other mount is between the primary and secondary and easy to get at.

going to get them ordered asap are they a bitch to change

·
Administrator
21,224 Posts
I'm going to have to look at my mounts and see what kind of shape they're in. Hopefully they're still good, but now that I'm over 1500 miles ... and considering the vibration I felt all week ... I'm really wondering. I was going to call Indy Dan to schedule a clutch balance job, but I'll look at the mounts first.

My only major complaint about the 800 HO ... vibration. At least when compared to my buddies and the other brands. They all vibrate at idle, but my Assault (as well as my Pro-X from 2016) still vibrated more than the Cat & Doo 800's in our group.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I'm going to have to look at my mounts and see what kind of shape they're in. Hopefully they're still good, but now that I'm over 1500 miles ... and considering the vibration I felt all week ... I'm really wondering. I was going to call Indy Dan to schedule a clutch balance job, but I'll look at the mounts first.

My only major complaint about the 800 HO ... vibration. At least when compared to my buddies and the other brands. They all vibrate at idle, but my Assault (as well as my Pro-X from 2016) still vibrated more than the Cat & Doo 800's in our group.
I noctice when mine go. I can feel more vibration in my feet. Stick a bar under the recoil housing and pry up. Just a little pressure and it flops around. There will probably be a gap on the top from the weight of the engine sacking them out.

·
Administrator
21,224 Posts
I noctice when mine go. I can feel more vibration in my feet. Stick a bar under the recoil housing and pry up. Just a little pressure and it flops around. There will probably be a gap on the top from the weight of the engine sacking them out.
I think we have a winner! :bc: The vibration in my hands was one thing, but yes ... the vibration in my feet also. Even the guy in our group with a Cat Turbo (we swapped sleds for a bit) commented on the vibration in the feet.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts