Hardcore Sledder banner

More snow!!

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Rokmonanoff 
#1 ·
Went to turny today and they got over two and a half feet since yesterday when i left the parking lot. It was insane, and the light was good!

See less See more
#3 ·
There's SO MUCH snow there...with another 2.5 feet i'd guess there's a real 8-10 feet of snow there right now, if not more. When you get stuck you can easily sink the rear 6 feet..

#7 ·
I made two shipments of snow to the east coast and both melted upon arrival. So I am no longer going to waste my time in this frivilous endevour. Please notify us when you have frost in the ground for more then 7 days and we would be more then happy to give you enough snow one at least one ride for the 06/07 season without having to trailer your sleds to Alaska.

:frech11: :lol2: :blowme: :wackit: :beerchug:

#9 ·
I just came back down from Lost Lake. Lots of snow but it needs to set up for a day or 2. It has been snowing on & off for 3 or 4 days and is snowing pretty good up there as I type this. It is heavy & wet. We spent more time stuck & shoveling that I wanted to so we came down to ride the lake(s). The base on the hill below the cabin is 3 1/2 ft. The trail is excellent since the hordes have not yet arrived, no ice on the chute at all, just fresh snow Winter must have started at last

#10 ·
Beautiful boys, ride on!

#11 ·
What a dream.. What I would give to have half of those amounts!!! :banghead:

#14 ·
how far are you from new york?

#18 ·
What do you mean how far from New York?? Head west till you hit Seattle then turn right and drive some more. Be prepared to learn some lesson on the differences between the west coast culture and east coast culture. They are very different. If you are from the inner city it will be even more pronounced

#19 ·
I would not associate Ak and west coast, not even close. The biggest problems in the state are caused by the West Coast mentality. Alaska has it's own and the 907 brotherhood runs deep.

As a former Rural Resident East Coaster, retired military guy, I picked up on the differances quickly. I was born and raised on the East Coast, spent 5 years in the Midwest (Ne, Ia, Mo, ND, SD, Mn, etc, etc) and 32 months on the Left Coast(couldn't leave quick enough). Alaska most resembles the Midwest more so then either coast. Considering most folks (pioneers) were moved here during the great dust bowl/depression era that would explain more of the midwest attitude. Yes there was the big influx for gold, but the displaced midwest farmers is what had settled most of south central.

As far as how far, it's 4985 from Anchorage to where I use to live in Scranton, Pa.

#20 ·
I agree. After living in western Washington for 10 years, I don't think Alaskans are anything like the westies. Although there is a pretty stark contrast between the eastern and western parts of that state. Once you get over the Cascades the people aren't bad at all!

#21 ·
I agree, its way different than anywhere. I grew up in Northern N.H. (Groveton) and Lived in V.T. as well. In and out of Alaska all my life back and forth then moved to S.E. Alaska in 92 and never looked back. I love it here, Quite different than the interior, even though it's the same state, when you can travel 800 miles in 1 direction and still be in the same state, That's ALOT to see and it changes everywhere. Here is a pic I took today out the road. Would love to poach these hills. :beerchug:

By the way, Sweet pics HYFLYR

#22 ·
My Friend's just made it in from Chicago, it only took 11 days. Snow in the Canada slowed them down.[/b]

that's not bad for winter driving catch. in the summer of 05 when I drove my truck up, I left Chicago on Monay morning, and arrived in Palmer on Saturday night. Most days were 900 milers. Stopped in St. Paul so the sis could check out a college too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.